Author Topic: Change Windows OS language  (Read 162 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Change Windows OS language
« on: July 26, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »
I have XP Pro on a Dell laptop from Germany.
When I go into regional/languages in control panel and get to the customize tab it wants the original XP cd loaded......me no goty.

When I recently had the disk drive crash on other computer folks here were telling me `never pay for a new windows` and I was never quite sure what they meant by that.

Does anyone know how I can change the language on my laptop?

Thank you!
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline scott123

Re: Change Windows OS language
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:59:33 AM »
http://www.voom.net/install-files-for-east-asian-languages-windows-xp

This is for east asian languages, but the directions should work for English as well. Before you go through the steps, though, I'd update windows, since, from what it says in the article, it looks like later versions of xp seem to have native support for other languages. You can get to update through the control panel through 'automatic updates.'

One thing regarding updating your computer- frequently one update has to be installed for another update to become visible, so after you perform an update, always check back to see if there are other updates to install.

Offline bigMoose

• Kneading is Happiness!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:38:45 AM »
Bob just a thought.  I bought a dell for my daughter off ebay and the vendor said it had Windows 7 on it.  It did but it was not an "authorized" version.  Even though I was not the original owner, I called dell on a Sunday night for the recovery CD package and to my complete astonishment a FedX truck pulled into my driveway at 1pm Monday!!  Less than 12 hours I had the CD's and they were free.  It included the Windows operating system and all the dell specific drivers.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
Thank you Scott.  :chef:

big moose...... :o  Wow!
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan