Author Topic: Patsy's Pizzeria at 60th & 3rd Avenue  (Read 2739 times)

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Patsy's Pizzeria at 60th & 3rd Avenue
« on: March 21, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »
Pizza Rating: Fair. The coal fired ovens weren't hot enough to produce glorious pies. The crust was the most flavorful and the most oven spring encountered on the trip. Horrible tasting sauce. Bland cheese. $14.95
Appetizer Rating: Fair. We ordered a Caprese and an Antipasto which were okay. $8.95 each
Desert Rating: Good. We ordered a cheese cake which was not special in any way. $5.95
Overall Rating: Third best pizza joint we ate at.
Lesson Learned: Never go to a chain location. Ever. For any reason. Period.

So my wife was shopping at the Bloomingdales off 60th Street and my kids wanted to buy candy at the world famous Dylan's Candy Bar near Bloomies. So as we were walking toward Dylan's a brightly lit neon sign caught my attention from a couple of hundred yards away. It was a Patsy's Pizzeria. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a quick pie.

This Patsy's had two coal fired ovens which were not nearly as hot as the original location's oven in East Harlem. They still managed to produce a flavorful crust in my opinion, but the owners are intentionally baking their pies to a golden brown. How do I know this? The manager confirmed the owner's finished pie requirement as such. A shame pure and simple. They no longer have any sense of what an elite NYC coal-fired pie is. They are producing chain pizza. Nuff said. The attached pictures speak volumes.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
Re: Patsy's Pizzeria at 60th & 3rd Avenue
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 08:22:26 PM »
Yep, that about sums it up.  Brown, beige and tan....

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Patsy's Pizzeria at 60th & 3rd Avenue
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 05:17:37 PM »
For additional photos on Patsy's and its pizzas, see http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Patsy%27s+pizza+-Grimaldi%27s.

Peter

pizzapan