Author Topic: My name is steve.  (Read 1531 times)

Offline RomansRoad

• I Love Pizza!
My name is steve.
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:28:04 PM »
Hey everyone, my name is Steve and I want to introduce my self.  I love cooking, and want to be the best I can at cooking pizza.  Im going to start by reading the Pizza making Glossary but I wanted to tell you guys im looking forward to learning all of your tips and advice.  Here some pics I took tonight.

The first is of my pizza stone.  I went to a landscape supply store and got an unglazzed quarry tile.  Its a little more than a inch thick.
The second is the pizza I cooked tonight.  It was actually a dissapointment.  I used a wolf gang puck recipe for the crust.  I chose provalone and mozzerella, I didnt like it.  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 10:31:20 PM by RomansRoad »

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
Re: My name is steve.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 12:37:53 PM »
Welcome Steve!
I am sure you'll find many,many people on here to be incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.....and friendly!
You are lucky to find that stone. I had a hard time here,in Chicago! I got mine from a pizza place and I love it.
Anyway....it's funny that the first thought upon seeing your pizza was "Wolfgang Puck". It looks like his creation. Too bad you didn't enjoy it. But, I like to say: Pizza is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's good.

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 03:06:27 PM »
Welcome steve...
this place is the greatest and in my short stay here I've learned a wealth of information on making pizza..very helpful and knowledgeable people who don't mind answereing stupid questions

by the way that's a nice looking pie..

from the looks of it you didn't use fresh mozzerrella..give it a try..
by the way,great looking pizza stone
Pizza Rocks

Offline RomansRoad

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 03:18:08 PM »
That brings me to a question.  Once I used fresh mozzerella, at least I think it was.  It became very watery when I cooked the pizza.  Where can I find fresh mozzerella and how is it packaged?  I think the stuff I bought was a ball of mozzerella.

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 01:31:14 AM »
basically what I have found RR is fresh mozzerella in vacum packed packageing with no water which is more comercial ( don't confuse it with the hard stuff )and the fresh type found in containers floating in brine or water..

2 weeks ago I brought home a fantastic buffalo mozz from San Francisco in a container floating in a salt brine..I patted it dry with paper towels and didn't have any problems with it becoming watery..
to me it didn't compare to the great mozz I'd buy out of the big wood barrels at the pork shops in Brooklyn but still very tastey..

the comercial fresh mozz isn't to bad at the supermarket and I've never had problems with water on my pizza..
the hard mozz balls which I think would sell better as tennis balls is terrible..when cooked on a pizza it's dry,tasteless and browns way to easy..
Pizza Rocks

Offline RomansRoad

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 08:49:15 PM »
I prepared a Crust yesterday occording to alot of advice on this board.  Im letting it sit in the fridge for 48 hours.  I will post pics and details tomorrow.

pizzapan