Author Topic: Any clone info for Sesso's Pizza Dunmore, Pa ?  (Read 244 times)

Offline boalpd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Any clone info for Sesso's Pizza Dunmore, Pa ?
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:26:57 AM »
I'm teaching a friend how to get started making his own NY style and he remembers Sesso's as his standard. Any help with ingredients and style tips will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Offline gfgman

Re: Any clone info for Sesso's Pizza Dunmore, Pa ?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »
I've never heard of it personally.  If you have an opportunity to go there, you could try and find out some things.  What type of cheese, tomatoes, and flour they use.  What's their oven temp?   How long is their bake time?  You might ask for some sauce on the side to try to analyze to see what's in it.
If you and friend can get to NYC, you might try doing a tour of the more well known NY style joints around the city and come up with a new standard.  You would likely find more information and help here. 
The only one I can really recommend is Joe's on Carmine Street.  I tried Original Famous Ray's on the Upper West side, and it was tasteless.  I used to like Pomodoro in Soho.  They make a vodka slice, and their chunky tomato with fresh Mozz looks awesome.  I was a fan of the regular slice, but the last time I went, it was burnt, and I thought the sauce was way over spiced.  Joe's was right on the money when I went there.  Apparently, many celebrities love it as well.