Author Topic: Here is my PizZa  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Elior

Here is my PizZa
« on: July 09, 2006, 03:24:39 PM »
First of all, I want say thanks you guys, what a great forum

I am 19 years old from Israel, soon to be soldier, until then I will make pizzas  ;D

This following pizza was made from what left of Neapolitan dough during the brake between the soccer game, Germany vs Portogal. So i didnt have much time to make it. Next time i will post better quality of photos, I promise ;D

About the Pizza:
I used 1.65-1.7 of flour per 1L of water

I will be happy to hear what you think,

Smart' :pizza:

(btw now its the FIFA world cup final!!, i hope that Italy will win)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 03:30:46 PM by Smart »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Here is my PizZa
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 04:57:46 PM »
Smart,

If your pizza tasted half as good as it looks, I would say that you did just fine :).

You didn't indicate what type of flour you used but if it was 00 flour, then your hydration (ratio of the weight of water to the weight of flour) looks fine. Did you use fresh yeast, and did you use a high-temperature oven of some sort?

Peter

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:59:21 AM »
Looks good.... :pizza: ;D

Offline Elior

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 06:15:45 AM »
Peter,

Thank you for your respond.

I didn't found 00 flour, so I use mixture that I make (which is bread flour -11% of protein and "gluten powder/flour", here the company who is making it call it just gluten). I used IDY.

About the oven:
I have a regular electric oven, but I will explain how I use his advantages:
In the first step I preheat the oven while the stone is on the bottom of oven (really on the bottom).
Then, at the second step, I turn the oven to "GRILL" and I position the stone on the highest floor. I have got into conclusion that this is the best way to get the maximum temperature with my oven.

I hope that this info will help,

Smart'

Offline Elior

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 04:27:49 PM »
Well today I photographed the pizza with my cell-phone, the colors look very bad :( , so I didnt opened a new thread :-[ ,nvd I will wait for next time, the problem is that I forget to photograph every time I make pizza's.

So here is another pizza, but this time I did it good, and now I make the pizza's much faster then before so I am very happy :chef:

No fermentation at all, only little IDY and a little patient (about 8H of rising) here the (I assume) room temperature is 25 -26C (77-78F)

A small pinch of sugar and a few drops of olive oil is added all other things as before.

Comments appreciated, ;D

Elior  :pizza: