Author Topic: I need some help on my dough. Only have 3 flours at the moment  (Read 446 times)

Offline jimmyguy420

• I Love Pizza!
Well after looking at everyone else pizzas I have come to the conclusion I need better flours. As of right now I only got whole wheat flour, bread flour and AP flour. All king arhtur.

Can someone Help me out with a recipe that will make good pizza with these flours? Please

Offline jimmyguy420

• I Love Pizza!
Re: I need some help on my dough. Only have 3 flours at the moment
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »
Shooting for NY style

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
For NY, just use the bread flour. It will work fine in any good NY recipe. This one is popular: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7761.0.html  Here are lots more to choose from: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=11860.0

Don't obsess over flour. Most people can't make a pie better than KA bread flour (KABF) is capable of.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »
I can all but guarantee flour isn't your biggest problem.

King arthur AP flour should produce a fine NY pizza. Post what you're doing now and some pics. Also for recipes, go into the NY section and look around, there are lots of recipes with stickies.

scott123

Offline jimmyguy420

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »
Hey guys, Thanks for the replys.  Didint mean to be rude and not get back to your posts last night. Had a problem with the neighbor. Still on going. I will get back to you guys later. Thanks for the replys

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 05:08:23 PM »
Jimmy, make the neighbor a pizza pie, problems solved! ;)
With the KAAP and the KABF you can do wonders. Use each by themselves then mix the two in variing %s. Make lots of pies and decide which you like best. Heck, you may like them all :-D .

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 07:39:25 PM »
Jimmy, make the neighbor a pizza pie, problems solved! ;)
With the KAAP and the KABF you can do wonders. Use each by themselves then mix the two in variing %s. Make lots of pies and decide which you like best. Heck, you may like them all :-D .

I hope Mark doesn't take this the wrong way, but until you can make a good pizza blindfolded, you are shooting yourself in the foot messing with different flours and even worse mixing them. If you are changing flours at the same time you are learning the fundamental skills, you won't have any idea what is causing what. You want to minimize variables not unnecessary increase them.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 12:31:16 AM »
I hope Mark doesn't take this the wrong way, but until you can make a good pizza blindfolded, you are shooting yourself in the foot messing with different flours and even worse mixing them. If you are changing flours at the same time you are learning the fundamental skills, you won't have any idea what is causing what. You want to minimize variables not unnecessary increase them.
Point well taken. My suggestion was not meant to be used over night.  :o I  must be more careful and Taylor my comments towards the members experience level. In my case I am still on the upward stage of the learning curve after over two years. :-[  Of course I may be a slow learner! I do enjoy the journey tho. :drool:

Mark
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:34:00 AM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline dylandylan

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »

+1

pizzapan