Author Topic: Suggestions for Cincinnati?  (Read 176 times)

Offline pizza812

Suggestions for Cincinnati?
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »
I did a search for good pizza in Cincinnati and it returned nothing!  Anyone have suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Offline pizza812

Re: Suggestions for Cincinnati?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »
I did a search for good pizza in Cincinnati and it returned nothing!  Anyone have suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

I'll just say that I'm not a big fan of the local favorite La Rosa's, because I think the sauce is too sweet....

Offline pizza812

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 12:28:27 PM »
Nobody has anything  ???

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »
Nobody has anything  ???

You are welcome to try our NY pies but we are in Newark OH :).  We make them like I learned growing up in NJ/NYC area. Walter

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »
I've noticed as I view the forum threads that there seems to be a fair number of PM Forum folks located in OH, like Walter. Seems like there should be at least a few folks in that area could recommend a couple of solid places.  When I did a quick Google search I found the one pizza place you mentioned and a number of lists with comments that the lists were all inclusive and not really a list of the best pizza - just any pizza in the area.  I've only been to Cincinnati once many years ago - wish I could help.
Cheers,
Don
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 08:31:54 PM »
Ya it normally seems like the best places for food are close to the coast. Except Chicago, they must have though the great lake was an ocean.

Offline pizza812

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 08:19:18 PM »
Well I'll have to find out myself I guess. 
Strong's Brick Oven Pizza in Newport, KY looks pretty good, maybe I'll check it out.  I've had Deweys Pizza and it is good.  They also have UNO's around here, but I'm not sure it they still are around or not. 

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »
Well I'll have to find out myself I guess. 
Strong's Brick Oven Pizza in Newport, KY looks pretty good, maybe I'll check it out.  I've had Deweys Pizza and it is good.  They also have UNO's around here, but I'm not sure it they still are around or not.

I would avoid Uno's.  The chain is not anything close to being as good as the original Ike Sewell location in Chicago.

Dewey's Pizza is supposedly pretty good. If you want to try a local/regional chain, try Donato's.

-ME
Let them eat pizza.

pizzapan