Author Topic: Connie's Thin Cut & other brand Frozen Pizza Woes - Bottom Never Gets Cooked!  (Read 262 times)

Offline emerican

• I Love Pizza!
I followed the manufacture's directions on the box...home conventional oven - middle rack, 400F for 16-20 minutes (I did 23 minutes, actually) and the cheese is gold, turning brown but the bottom is still fairly raw and largely yellowish/whitish - far from being the crisp, thin crust pizza that it's supposed to be.  I've tried heating it for additional time in the past and it just ends up getting burnt on top even if I put it on the bottom rack.  Does anyone know what could be going on here? 

I've had this problem countless times before with other brand frozen pizzas to the point where a couple times I had to rip apart the pizza and cook the crust separately and then put it back together after the fact..not a great way to cook a pizza.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  ???

Offline TXCraig1

Are you putting it on a baking sheet? If so, that might be trapping moisture and keeping it from getting crisp? Maybe try baking on a pizza screen?

Your expectations for frozen pizza might be a bit too high. If you can make it edible, you've done pretty much all that can be done. Why not make your own? There are some guys here who can help you make some pretty awesome Chicago thin.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
I think you may have meant to post this on heatingfrozenpizza.com.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Let he among us throw the frozen pizza who hath never partaken.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
I only eat Totinos.  You have to add cheese, and if you are smart and buy just the cheese ones, you add cheese and then what ever you want.  Done right, they are no Hot Pocket. Sometimes they turn into charcoal briquettes too, but that is a function of your state when you cook them rather than an inherent design flaw.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
I followed the manufacture's directions on the box...home conventional oven - middle rack, 400F for 16-20 minutes (I did 23 minutes, actually) and the cheese is gold, turning brown but the bottom is still fairly raw and largely yellowish/whitish - far from being the crisp, thin crust pizza that it's supposed to be.  I've tried heating it for additional time in the past and it just ends up getting burnt on top even if I put it on the bottom rack.  Does anyone know what could be going on here? 

I've had this problem countless times before with other brand frozen pizzas to the point where a couple times I had to rip apart the pizza and cook the crust separately and then put it back together after the fact..not a great way to cook a pizza.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  ???
You are supposed to set the oven dial to bake...not broil.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:01:40 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TXCraig1

Let he among us throw the frozen pizza who hath never partaken.

I have not so much as touched a frozen pizza since I made my first pizza from scratch.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
I haven't had one for years, but I certainly have had my share.

Offline moose13

;D

pizzapan