Author Topic: shipping fees  (Read 1638 times)

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
shipping fees
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:39:18 PM »
Since I live in the boonies in order to get quality ingredients I need to rely on shipping..
I noticed the last post by ( you only live twice ) ;D
it somewhat surprised me on these 2 orders..not that the money matters but as to why??

10lbs of KASL sent fedex
cost for shipping $10..

12 28oz cans of escalon Bella Rossa pasta sauce sent ups..
weight 2.05lbs per can
total:24.6lbs..
cost for shipping $3

both were ordered at the same time with the KASL taking 2 days longer..the fedex was thrown over my fence with the box damaged and the the ups neatly placed next to my mail box in perfect condition..

I'll never complain about about the US postal service again..they do a great job..

Pizza Rocks

Offline youonlylivetwice

Re: shipping fees
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 04:18:59 PM »
Hey bolabola,
I think you are referring to my comment on customer service.....
you're not kidding, it just doesn't make sense.  Customer Service gets worse every year, and I think people get so accustomed to it that the standard society expects slowly erodes. 
Not unlike what I think is happening with our society getting fatter, everyone looks around and rationalizes themselves against what they see, and slowly everyone gets ok with our entire society getting fatter and fatter.

I didn't comment on this, but back to my thing with Sourdo.com, I asked for the order to be cancelled 5 DAYS prior to them having any intention of shipping my order, and guess what?  They had to do a REFUND because they had long since charged my credit card!  The money comes easy, the service not so much so.  you got some Fedex guy that just doesn't care... and read their T&C's, they quite frankly don't care much either, it is so painful to get them to make good on damage they inflict you're almost better off just eating it..... so to speak   ;)

Good luck with future shipping endeavors.  I'll say a little 'thank goodness' to myself that I can walk into a store and buy most of what I need.  Happy pizza making!

Thanks!

YOLT.

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 12:31:39 PM »
Being one that buys and sells on eBay quite a bit, I have found over the years that UPS and FedEx are lacking in many departments. (FedEx has SPEED, that's it.) The USPS has proven time and time again that it is the more reliable and definitely cheaper way to deliver/ship.

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 01:17:17 AM »
I agree..it just seems like customer service is a thing of the past..
just yesterday I tried to send something back that had a 30 day money guarentee and they make it impossible to track them down or return it..lesson learned..

I knew someone who worked for Fedex and I can't blame them for hateing their job and giving bad service..
they expect you to deliver an insane amount of packages in a 8 hour working day for little pay where as USPS has a better work enviorment and better pay..I think it shows in their employees because they really seem to care..

I also agree about people being over weight in the U.S..I travel alot to other countries and when I get home I really notice it..
if people ate more quality pizza instead of the more fatty pizza chain variety and stayed away from fast food,chips and soda getting overweight wouldn't be as much of a problem..
I hope I don't get any hate mail..I've nothing against eating what you want or as much as you want but eating healthy should be given some thought..
I'll never give up my greasy tacos once a month or fried chicken ;D
Pizza Rocks

Offline youonlylivetwice

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:26:27 AM »
all things in moderation.... and that includes exercise....

Offline Meeskaela

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »
both were ordered at the same time with the KASL taking 2 days longer..the fedex was thrown over my fence with the box damaged and the the ups neatly placed next to my mail box in perfect condition..

I'll never complain about about the US postal service again..they do a great job..

That must be a bad experience in shipping through FedEx. I think the problem is on the courier and not on the FedEx. Maybe you should give a feedback to FedEx about this issue so it will not happen again.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 04:03:12 AM by Meeskaela »
By: moving