Author Topic: Chicago Pizza Crawl  (Read 262 times)

Offline Kali

• I Love Pizza!
Chicago Pizza Crawl
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:58 AM »
We are planning a weekend pizza crawl in Chicago in a few weeks and wanted to get some suggestions on the best pies to try.  We are staying in the Lincoln Park area and have Lou Malnati's on our list.  Not sure what pie to order and welcome suggestions for Lou's and any other suggestions.  Thanks in advance!  All the best!  Kali

Offline dogboy

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Chicago Pizza Crawl
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »
We are planning a weekend pizza crawl in Chicago in a few weeks and wanted to get some suggestions on the best pies to try.  We are staying in the Lincoln Park area and have Lou Malnati's on our list.  Not sure what pie to order and welcome suggestions for Lou's and any other suggestions.  Thanks in advance!  All the best!  Kali
Spacca Napoli for a great neopalitan pizza.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »
Spacca Napoli for a great neopalitan pizza.
Traitor!!   >:D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 04:21:51 PM »

Check out this thread. Lots of ideas here.
I know I will be late for your crawl but do report back, please

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=33082.msg333896#msg333896
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Kali

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »
Thanks for the Spacca Napoli suggestion and the link to a very similar request.  I posted this email on a different forum and it was moved to here- correctly.  That is just my newness to the websites and lack of knowledge about the different forums.  I thank the three of you for the suggestions!  All the best! Kali

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:27:45 PM »
Thanks for the Spacca Napoli suggestion and the link to a very similar request.  I posted this email on a different forum and it was moved to here- correctly.  That is just my newness to the websites and lack of knowledge about the different forums.  I thank the three of you for the suggestions!  All the best! Kali
the web site here is pizzamaking FORUM.

You have categories/sections of all the different types of fun.....

When you `post` on a `thread` within a category/section you are participating in the forum.

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 09:38:24 AM »
As previously posted, I refer you to the king of Chicago pizza crawl groups for reviews and suggestions on where to find every kind of pizza in the greater Chi-town area:

http://www.chicagopizzaclub.com/

Happy eating!  ;D

-ME
Let them eat pizza.

Offline Kali

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
Hi ME and Bob,

Thanks for the link, ME.  I am making my list and checking it twice.   We will order small pies and hopefully be able to try 2-3 each meal- that should be 8-12 pies?  We will see.  But I am up for the challenge!

Bob, thanks for the explanation.  I did not do a good job explaining the way I posted my initial post.  I put it on the Chicago style pizza making forum, not the pizzeria/ restaurant recommendations forum, or I guess in your terminology thread should be substituted for forum.  Either way, one of the moderators must have seen that it was not in the right place and moved it.  Thanks again.  Kali

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 12:36:39 PM »
Kali, you will also hear folks refer to the sections/categories as "boards".

The whole entity "Pizzamaking.com" is a forum.  :)