Author Topic: Watch the Di Fara Documentary 'The Best Thing I Ever Done'  (Read 17168 times)

Pete-zza and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Watch the Di Fara Documentary 'The Best Thing I Ever Done'
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
I took the Q, so I didn't pay attention to parking, but I didn't feel any safety concern when I visited.
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline waltertore

• The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2015, 09:27:08 PM »
I may be taking my 86 year old mother with me to visit Di Fara's.  How is parking and safety around the pizzeria?  I haven't been to Brooklyn in 35 years.  Walter

Thanks Craig.  My mother was right on it to go. She said the set up reminds her of her upbringing and she never sees stuff like that anymore.  I told her if we can't find a place to park close we will get a cab.  She responded - just drop me in front of the pizzeria and I will hold our place in line.  We will hit her hometown in NJ and the town I grew up in as well.  I am impressed. An 86 year old ready to roll at the drop of a hat.  Walter
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:33:37 PM by waltertore »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
My mother was right on it to go. She said the set up reminds her of her upbringing and she never sees stuff like that anymore.  I told her if we can't find a place to park close we will get a cab.  She responded - just drop me in front of the pizzeria and I will hold our place in line.  We will hit her hometown in NJ and the town I grew up in as well.  I am impressed. An 86 year old ready to roll at the drop of a hat.  Walter

Great to hear Walter!  I am impressed with your mother too!  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline jvp123

• Supporting Member
  • Learning and loving it!
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2015, 11:23:39 PM »
Walter,
Parking is very difficult in the area.  We looked for about 20 mins or more to find a spot near a school about 5 blocks away.  You will most probably have to drop your mother off while you look for a spot if you and she are ok with that. 
Jeff

Jeff

Offline waltertore

• The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2015, 07:41:27 AM »
Walter,
Parking is very difficult in the area.  We looked for about 20 mins or more to find a spot near a school about 5 blocks away.  You will most probably have to drop your mother off while you look for a spot if you and she are ok with that. 
Jeff

Thanks!  We will be going on a Monday and I see they are closed then.  Bummer........  We will have to redirect to Star Tavern in Orange NJ for lunch.  Walter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan