Author Topic: Harry's Italian - NYC  (Read 173 times)

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
Harry's Italian - NYC
« on: September 28, 2016, 07:17:46 AM »
Has anyone else had their square pie? It's been a while since I've had it, but my office has had them delivered a few times, and they are quite good. Below is a picture I downloaded.
Matt

Offline misterschu

Re: Harry's Italian - NYC
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
I actually just stopped there for a slice on my way home two nights ago, I got a mushroom slice, which may have been my mistake. I found it to be too cheesy. The slice itself was about 3/4" thick, but the crust was only about a quarter inch of that, with fresh mozzarella being the bulk of the thickness. This also meant the fresh mozz wasn't really melted through. I'm not a big fan of most fior di lattes and this didn't help. The crust had a good amount of flavor, and there was good browning on the edge, as your picture shows. That picture looks like it has aged mozzarella on it, so maybe it would have been better than what I got, though I didn't notice that the cheeses seemed to vary between the slice types. Fresh mozzarella also doesn't gain anything from being burnt to a deep brown like it was on the edges of my slice. The tomato sauce was good. So, overall I did not enjoy it because of the overload of fresh mozzarella.

Maybe I'll give it another shot and order a slice with aged mozzarella.

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:26:50 AM »
Interesting.  If you're there again try the square. It is aged mozz. (I've only seen people eat the square. When we've had large orders in the past we'd get the square here,  but actually order round pies from somewhere else at the same time.)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:28:43 AM by hammettjr »
Matt

Offline misterschu

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 02:17:13 PM »
I stopped at the one in rockefeller center which only serves square pies as far as I can tell.