Author Topic: NYC - Upper East Side - Buffalo Milk Mozzarella  (Read 2304 times)

Offline gschwim

• I Love Pizza!
NYC - Upper East Side - Buffalo Milk Mozzarella
« on: July 30, 2006, 11:48:13 AM »
For all you New Yorkers (especially you Upper East-Siders):  I was surprised and delighted to find that the supermarket on my corner (C-Town Supermarket, 1st Ave. & E. 89th St.) has genuine imported Italian buffalo-milk mozzarella.  $6.99 for 500g. (8.8 oz.), in a plastic pouch, in brine.

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
Re: NYC - Upper East Side - Buffalo Milk Mozzarella
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 04:57:44 PM »
no way, really?...  must be a localized ctown decision...   may have to check it out, thanks.

Offline gschwim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 09:53:53 PM »
I couldn't tell you as the C-Town on 1st Ave. & E. 89th St. is the only one I know.  (If you find the Buffalo Mozzarella in another C-Town, let me know.)  Anyway, it's in the back, just to the left of the homemade cow's milk mozzarella.

You also can get buffalo mozzarella (and La Valle DOP tomatoes) at Todaro Brothers (http://www.todarobros.com), at 555 Second Ave. (near 32nd or 33rd St.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 10:00:15 PM by gschwim »

Offline gschwim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 03:01:10 PM »
I may have to amend my earlier remark.  Just went to C-Town today; no bBuffalo milk mozzarella.  Hopefully, they intend to continue to carry it and just sold out and will be ordering more.

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »
I couldn't tell you as the C-Town on 1st Ave. & E. 89th St. is the only one I know.  (If you find the Buffalo Mozzarella in another C-Town, let me know.)  Anyway, it's in the back, just to the left of the homemade cow's milk mozzarella.

You also can get buffalo mozzarella (and La Valle DOP tomatoes) at Todaro Brothers (http://www.todarobros.com), at 555 Second Ave. (near 32nd or 33rd St.)

ah, todaro... have passed by but never knew... and their website too.  7.98 for the BM...  C-Town is cheaper eh.  unless the todaro website is more expensively priced than the actual store.

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 11:26:49 PM »
I may have to amend my earlier remark.  Just went to C-Town today; no bBuffalo milk mozzarella.  Hopefully, they intend to continue to carry it and just sold out and will be ordering more.

have they restocked?