Author Topic: thin crust pizza in chicago burbs??  (Read 1633 times)

Offline youonlylivetwice

thin crust pizza in chicago burbs??
« on: August 15, 2006, 05:47:08 PM »
hi,
Sorry to ask this again, any thoughts on what are the best thin crust pizzas in west /Northwest Chicago burbs? 
Are all the Giordanos locations the same quality wise??

thanks!

Offline chiguy

Re: thin crust pizza in chicago burbs??
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 07:40:43 PM »
 Hi onlylivetwice,
 You might try asking a few people in the neighborhood/suburb you live or visit. I lived up in Dundee for awhile and heard about The Village Pub pizza from a neighbor, which turned out to be a great place. You may also get a local phone book and look for a Mom and Pop place that has been in business for at least 25 years, that's usually a good sign. As far as Giordanos, i have been to NINE locations that i recall. They have all seemed to make a very consistent pizza, one of my favorite deep dish. I have had the thinner crust pizza at Giordanos recently and was very disappointed, too thick and not enough crunch, they must add too much oil, or are using the same dough formula for both styles, Deep & Thin??    Chiguy

Offline youonlylivetwice

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:37:29 AM »
thanks Chiguy,

I was hoping to not guess, but I appreciate your reply.  I see there are Giordanos scattered all over, and a Home Run Inn not far from where I'll be.  Maybe I'll try each of those....

I tried to find the places you listed in the Chicago thread in reviews, but I don't think I'll be near those and/or couldn't find them.....

thanks!

Offline madpainter

• I Love Pizza!
    • www.tshirtsandpaint.com
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 04:37:32 AM »
im in the chicago burbs, for thin crust papa johns and and pizza hut are good for that pie cut pizza, but for that kinda local pizza joint that does the other cut, like where the squares are in the middle you have to go to your local pizza joint all the thin pizzas are kinda the same but when you are picky you can tell the best one, but look in your phone book and go to a local one and try it out. the main difference between the different places will be the greasy level of the pizza, some will have a ton of it on top, some people like that and others dont, just put a paper towel on top, and the crust is different alot of times, im still trying to make a good pizza like papa johns or dominos in my home, anyone know the best way to go as far as dough recipe?i have a pizza/toaster oven

Offline RSMBob

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 12:43:02 AM »
Ask friends/neighbors. I'm no expert on the NW 'burbs, but Home Run Inn is a great place to start...my family frequents the Darien location regularly. BTW, it's much better eating in at HRI...thin crust pizzas just don't travel/carry out that well. Another suggestion would be Barnaby's...old school but still tasty. As for Giordano's, I've found them pretty consistent (unlike the disaster that is the "Uno's" Grill places) and my nephews really like their thin crust pizza.

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »
Aprx. what suburb(s)? I can direct you better that way.

Offline youonlylivetwice

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 08:34:49 AM »
Bloomingdale / Hanover Park area is where I am heading.  I was thinking Home Run Inn and maybe a Giordanos location, unless someone has a better suggestion..  thanks!

Offline chicagonative

• I Love Chicago Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 03:43:31 PM »
I used to live in Carol Stream and Bartlett so here are a few suggestions...

V & V Paesano 374 main st -  bartlett - Our favorite

Rosati's on County Farm Rd - Hanover Park

Lou Malnati's Army Trail rd - Bloomingdale rd

As a teenager I use to work at Mama Maria's pizza in Bensenville - THE BEST pizza around if you have a chance to make it to that area

pizzapan