Author Topic: Anyone find source for Grande Cheese in Raleigh-Durham area?  (Read 1528 times)

Offline giambra

• Pizza on the brain
Anyone find source for Grande Cheese in Raleigh-Durham area?
« on: August 20, 2006, 08:37:12 PM »
Has anyone been able to find a source for Grande cheese in the Raleigh-Durham area?

I am familiar with the thread about Vinny's Italian Grill.  I went there yesterday and was told I could purchase any of the
ingredients on display, but they would not sell me any Grande.

I have ordered from pennmac.com, but my last order (maybe two months ago), didn't do very well in the heat of summer.
Thanks,
Tim

Offline gottabedapan

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Anyone find source for Grande Cheese in Raleigh-Durham area?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 10:01:28 PM »
I've been able to buy Grande at the Hillsborough Vinny's, but not every time I've asked. My guess is that whether or not the manager sells it to you depends on how much they have on hand at the moment and when their next delivery is. Obviously, they don't want to run out before their next delivery! Also, my experience suggests that the staff are only allowed to sell what's on display: for cheese, toppings, flour, etc., you have to get it from the manager.

Offline lazysean

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Anyone find source for Grande Cheese in Raleigh-Durham area?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »
I asked at the Vinny's in Apex last time I was out there, and was told that the manager was on vacation, and they couldn't sell it to me without him being there, because it wasn't in their system and they had no idea what to charge for it.  They seemed pretty sure that he would be willing to sell it, if I called again when he was there, but I haven't gotten to it yet.  The Hillsborough store is probably closer to me, I should give it another try.