Author Topic: Randys recipe  (Read 1781 times)

Offline RomansRoad

• I Love Pizza!
Randys recipe
« on: August 22, 2006, 02:54:10 PM »
Try this simpler recipe to get your feet on the ground.  I promise you it will give you a bakers window.  Then you can go Pete's recipe.

16 oz Bread flour

9.8  oz Water by weight(warm 120deg.  F

1 TBS  sugar

1 TBS Honey

1 Tablespoon  Classico Olive Oil or vegtable oil

2  Teaspoon Salt

1 1./2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Mix flour sugar and salt.  Put yeast and half the flourmixture  in the mixer.  Mix the honey and oil into the very warm water.  Pour mixture into bowl and place mixer using dough hook on stir for about 2 minutes.  Stop mixer. Add the rest of the flour, then set mixer to stir until the dough pulls from the sides of the bowl then stop mixer for 5 minutes.  After the 5 minutes, go to speed 2 for 12 minutes.   On a lightly floured surface shape into a ball  Place in the refrigerator in a lightly sealed container coated with olive oil overnight or up to three days.

Remove 3  hours before panning
Remove from the fridge and flatten then fold, then shape into a ball using wet hands.
Makes a 16-18 pizza or two 12 pizzas

Randy

This recipe is working very well for me, but I have a question.  It says to place in the refrigerator in a lightly sealed container.  When I do this, the top is very firm and the bottom is like a sponge.  Is this ok?  Wouldnt it be better to use plastic wrap, tightly?  Thanks.

Offline RomansRoad

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Randys recipe
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 05:44:10 PM »
I made that pizza tonight.  The dough had a very firm skin like feel on the top and the bottom was very moist.   After cooking the pie it was tough somewhat tough and thin.  The dough was in the fridge for two days with a towel loosely draping the bowl.  I also used King arthur flour for the first time with this.  But that would have nothing to do with this, would it?  Next time I will wrap the bowl tightly with plastic wrap.  Input is needed please. 

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:29:39 PM »
A towel by itself normally won't do the trick.  After you form the ball and lightly oil the dough ball and put it in a bowl.  cover the ball itself with some plasic wrap and then cover with a towel.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline RomansRoad

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »
How is the dough going to rise if its compressed in plastic wrap? 

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 01:35:07 PM »
What I do is get enough plastic wrap as if I was going to cover the top of the bowl tightly.  I cover the bowl then press the plastic wrap down so that it loosely covers the dough ball.  As the dough rises the plastic wrap comes up with it.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline RomansRoad

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 07:22:05 PM »
thanks.