Author Topic: A PHILOSOPHY OF PIZZA NAPOLETANISMO!  (Read 689239 times)

Offline Pulcinella

Re: A PHILOSOPHY OF PIZZA NAPOLETANISMO!
« Reply #3025 on: June 09, 2016, 11:26:14 PM »
there's an error on the positioning of the slabs of Biscotto. Internally the joints of slabs must be positioned obligue and not perpendicular to the oven. If you watch even in the movies you've posted ,all professional ovens have the floor placed in this way....the best practice is to place the biscuit as per attached picture.
you can also ask to Carlo of SAPUTO that will confirm.

Error!!! Come on! What makes it an "error" in such a small oven? What are the ramifications of the "error" in a small oven like that?

If you do the math correctly then you'll see why omid did "+" instead of "X".

Offline Icelandr

• One day . . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #3026 on: June 10, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »
Odd, I see storm clouds gathering again . . . The last time I felt that it was something about the first day of working At Bruno and the number of pizzas without  failing one .. . . . . . Difficult to see positive in this pursuit, though a documented comparison of a less personal nature might be instructive . . . 

Learning from others is fantastic, that's why this board/site is so valuable

Cheers

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #3027 on: June 10, 2016, 12:16:54 AM »
ok I understand, this is a cult, not a group of sharing and growth.
remember that I am Italian native speaker and that which you take as controversy may just be a simple sentence.
Now I fear .... you're writing as Revelation

Offline Icelandr

« Reply #3028 on: June 10, 2016, 12:31:07 AM »
I believe the term "polite" has its application in conversation and especially where there is no language or body language  to accompany comments . . .  . But - I am just trying to make pizza as well as I can

Cheers
Greg

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #3029 on: June 10, 2016, 12:47:32 AM »
I leave you to translate .... read my previous post and words "BEST PRACTICE".
This will be my last technical reply in this post....
I think at this point who really wants to grow and share (as we do in our group) does not write here .....

Offline Icelandr

« Reply #3030 on: June 10, 2016, 01:11:03 AM »
I genuinely wish I could read the last image and wish I had more languages that I could call upon, but lack the experience. I have 30 years of age on you but only one language to express concern . . . Wording, the choice of what I might call "tone" of conversation  can make a huge difference in the accepatance of an idea - I have no idea how that may translate but it seems the difference between a slap and a handshake - things are more easily accepted after a handshake

I will now, as you, retire and wish you well

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
A PHILOSOPHY OF PIZZA NAPOLETANISMO!
« Reply #3031 on: June 10, 2016, 01:16:51 AM »
Yes, i understand what do you mean.... i see now your age and i can only say you that i accept the past and respect traditions but i ask you if you accept the future and accept innovations ?

Sorry... it's out of topic.... i realize now that you have no technical interests about pizza.... delete my last question.

you are right
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:21:27 AM by Antilife »

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #3032 on: June 10, 2016, 03:16:20 AM »
From someone who's spent a lot of time on a lot forums with an international membership, let me say it's not good practice to parse words from non-native speakers.

That said, what's the danger of arranging the tiles in a "+" shape? I guess a greater chance of catching the peel on the edge of the tile. Some cult we have going here.

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #3033 on: June 10, 2016, 03:46:15 AM »
TRANSLATION

"From the technical point of view no difference, from a pratical point of view  is preferable X mode, so that (especially when using high hydration) the pizza rests on the smooth side so that it does not remain attached to the joints"

If I write these things in this post it is not to make controversy or resentment but simply because I am one of 2 testers of Fornace Saputo" regarding the part electric ovens.

Offline Pizza Napoletana

• Supporting Member
    • A Philosophy of Pizza Napoletanismo
« Reply #3034 on: June 10, 2016, 06:41:20 AM »
Maybe if you put a bed in the corner then I could move in?  ;D

Omid,

I can smell the incense and I can hear the Iranian music ;D.

Peter

Your wife did a great job!  You're a lucky man. :)

Lavish!

awesome Omid

Dear friends, I thank you for your jovial comments. Good day!

Omid
Recipes make pizzas no more than sermons make saints!

http://pizzanapoletanismo.com/2011/09/27/a-philosophy-of-pizza-napoletanismo/

Offline Pizza Napoletana

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3035 on: June 10, 2016, 07:00:05 AM »
That said, what's the danger of arranging the tiles in a "+" shape? I guess a greater chance of catching the peel on the edge of the tile. Some cult we have going here.

If you do the math correctly then you'll see why omid did "+" instead of "X".

Thatís right, the geometric limitations compelled me to implement the "+" configuration instead of the "X" configuration, although my preference was to implement the latter. The internal diameter of my oven floor is shorter than the width of the uncut biscotto tiles placed together side by side. I could have done the "X" configuration, but then I would have ended up with 6 or 7 cut pieces instead of 5 pieces. Also, since I wanted the oven door to go passed the chimney in order to maintain the heat inside the oven chamber, I had no other option but to adopt the "+" arrangement. There is more to this, but I think you get the gist of it.

In my mind, there is no question about the "X" being more practical than the "+" layout, especially in a large oven where multiple pizzas are baked at a time, but my oven floor is very small (smaller than the floor of the "Pizzone" by Pizza Party) and can handle only one pizza at a time. Good day!

Offline Pizza Napoletana

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3036 on: June 10, 2016, 07:09:23 AM »
ok I understand, this is a cult, not a group of sharing and growth.
remember that I am Italian native speaker and that which you take as controversy may just be a simple sentence.
Now I fear .... you're writing as Revelation

I think at this point who really wants to grow and share . . . does not write here .....

Yes, i understand what do you mean.... i see now your age and i can only say you that i accept the past and respect traditions but i ask you if you accept the future and accept innovations ?

Sorry... it's out of topic.... i realize now that you have no technical interests about pizza.... delete my last question.

you are right

It is easy to hide behind the guise of "learning", "sharing", and "growth" while harboring ressentiment and negativity. You are presumptuous, disrespectful, and irrational. Clean up your act here or you will be reported to the moderator to take proper action.

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #3037 on: June 10, 2016, 07:16:21 AM »
I think i write a different (and wrong ) English. Ressentiment and Negativity....  call moderators don't worry.... if you think that i 'm the EvilOne

Offline fagilia

« Reply #3038 on: June 13, 2016, 04:50:32 AM »
Now is i Have changed my floor to + with biscotti and have had the opportunity to try both + X in an large oven i must say the difference is very small. Because we cook at most 3 pizzas at a tima and all of them are laying to the right of the oven mouth. That means my peel will never cross any joints perpendicular ( dont know if right word).
If i Made a new oven i would make x but only beacuse of simplicity of coocking an calzone in oven mouth when using floor in shape of 4 quarter of circle. Otherwise the calzone would be coocked right over a joint.
Another reason would be tradition.

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #3039 on: June 13, 2016, 05:19:34 AM »
Calzone and special pizzas (or pizzas with technical dough) should be cooked on the oven mouth

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #3040 on: June 14, 2016, 11:18:44 AM »
The "X" configuration is prefered because the peel can not catch on the joint.  If the tiles are laid flush, it doesn't matter, but you will have more edge chipping when not using the "X" configuration.

Offline Pulcinella

« Reply #3041 on: Yesterday at 02:57:31 PM »
"It takes at least 15 years to become a really good pizzaiolo"  :o