Author Topic: casa 90  (Read 1484 times)

Offline REMOISE

• I Love Pizza!
casa 90
« on: September 01, 2006, 10:20:42 AM »
I just finished building my casa 90 and fired it up gradually with 7 days of slow moderate fires and did a big one a week ago and another yeasterday and I noticed that it has slight cracks arround the dome.this are really very slight and i need to stare at it to actually see them.Is this normal ?does anyone have the forno bravo casa 90 or earthstone 90.Can enyone help me and give me some expert advice.is this cracks are just superficial cracks that occur when the oven is used for some time with high heat?
Remoise

Offline Fio

• Cook it HOT.
Re: casa 90
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:51:21 PM »
The following is probly of no use to you, but FWIW:

I build my own oven  brick by brick, and covered it with 1/2" of refractory mortar when done.  It cracked a LOT but I welcomed the cracks, because IMHO they are a built-in safety valve, natural fault lines to give the oven room to expand. 

Here's my thread on the topic:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782

What did James at Fornobravo.com say?
Since joining this forum, I've begun using words like "autolyze" and have become anal about baker's percents.  My dough is forever changed.

Offline REMOISE

• I Love Pizza!
Re: casa 90
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 03:02:50 AM »
Thnak you Fio you are the best....i started getting paranoid that my oven would just explode now i understand the oven much more.The thread you attached was so helpful.i hope others who build hearth oven should read your thread on curing the oven .i only got to make my first really strong fire the other day.my oven is fairly new but already I can see how great it is.I was able to make 3 pizza that charred really well,then a county loaf bread,and left a stew in the oven overnight and boy was it good!
Remoise

pizzapan