Author Topic: Brooklyn Brothers Pizza, Everett WA  (Read 2393 times)

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
Brooklyn Brothers Pizza, Everett WA
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
Just for the record, I have never had pizza in Brooklyn or any other NYC borough... or NJ, or New Haven...  so I have nothing to which I can compare this pizza. 

That said, here we go!
here is a link to their website, which is as sparse as their establishment.  If you decide to go, note the hours... they close at 8 pm on weekdays, 9 pm on weekends!  It is across from the Everett Events Center, so I'm presuming it would be much busier when there is an event.  We arrived at ~6:30 pm on a Wednesday... and we were the only ones there the whole time!  There were three employees... the middle-aged gal who greeted us and was cleaning tables, the cook in the back (a young kid) and another young kid who was in the back most of the time.  They were friendly enough... but we were the only ones there.  It looks like there is seating upstairs, but it was dark, so hard to tell.  On the tables, they had shakers of dried oregano, pepper flakes and grated parm.  The prices seem a little high, the large being a 16" pie.

The pizza?  I liked it!  We ordered a small Napoletana and a small "The Bowery" which they recommended. 
The crust was thin, crisp on the bottom, slightly chewy, but not a lot of flavor of its own.  (DH's comment: I like your crust better!... always a GOOD thing to say since it was our 18th wedding anniversary!)

The sauce, they say, is San Marzano tomatoes.  The mozz is Polly-O.  They kept asking if we wanted anything else on the Napoletana... but I just wanted to taste their plain cheese pizza.

"The Bowery" has pepperoni, sausage and roasted garlic.  The gal who greeted us when we came in mentioned the brand of the pepperoni proudly, but I had never heard of it before... it was thinly sliced and quite flavorful.

They were cooked in a rotating oven and we could see the temp display... just over 600o F.  The pizza cooked for probably 5-6 minutes, maybe longer... but not much. 

Our plates were black plastic "woven" trays with a parchment-like paper square on them.  The two smalls were just enough to comfortably feed both of us (hubby is a BIG eater, but it seemed to fill him up pretty well...) with three slices left over.  The photos below show the reheated pizza I had for lunch the next day.  It was good, also, though the crust suffered a little.

The Napoletana was very flavorful, lightly sauced and not too much cheese.  The Bowery was also good, also light on toppings, which I consider to be a good thing. 

Hubby says he'd go back again... and that is high praise from him!  They have a Sicilian on the menu, but it can be ordered in only one size, 16 X 16 (feeds 5-6) so we will have to wait on that one.  I REAAALLY want to try it, though, since my Tommy's clone is a Sicilian... DH says maybe he can pick one up on the way home from work... since they DO have takeout!  And "The Village Margherita" sounds interesting, too (Fresh Mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, sea salt) so I think another trip is in order!

All in all, a good experience!  (Even though I think that's the first time I have ever been in a restaurant as the only patron!)

~sd

EDIT:  Forgot to mention that the slices, though small, were foldable and the pointy ends drooped toward the table... in the photo, it looks more rigid than when it was fresh and hot!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 06:10:30 PM by sourdough girl »
Never trust a skinny cook!

Offline 12gauge

Re: Brooklyn Brothers Pizza, Everett WA
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:30:18 PM »
thats where i get pizza if i'm in Everett.  your side profile pic doesnt do it justice, it usually has more rise than that.

Offline matt9495

Re: Brooklyn Brothers Pizza, Everett WA
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »
I used to live in florida and they had a fair amount of NY transplant pizza pie shops
so I have been looking for something  by home in everett. the sicilian thick pan is horrible
spongy flavorless. thin is pretty good

pizzapan