Author Topic: Pizza delivery  (Read 4417 times)

wongkanyu

Pizza delivery
« on: May 01, 2004, 02:07:54 AM »
What is the pizza delivery attributes that are important to you as a customer?? (Not the pizza itself)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re:Pizza delivery
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 09:03:38 AM »
Well, I personally do not order pizza for delivery... I make my own pizza.

But, if I were to order out, I'd expect the pizza to arrive in a timely manner and that the pizza be hot. I'd expect the delivery person to be courteous.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Big Al

• I'm a Pizza Fox
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 06:47:17 PM »
1. Delivered within 30 minutes.
2.  Uniformed Driver.  Logoed golf type shirt, dark pants, dark shoes, hat.  I do not want a driver that looks like he/she just got out of jail.
3.  HOT pizza.
4.  Have change.
5.  Leave me more coupons and a menu for my next purchase.
6.  Do not chit chat.

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 07:16:49 PM »
Big Al nailed it.
 8)
Randy

stock

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 11:22:02 PM »
yeah, i pretty much agree with Big Al on everything.  though a uniform is nice, i don't mind if the pants are tan slacks, say, instead of being dark.  other than that, he seems to have pretty much described what attributes would be important to me in a delivery person.  as an after thought, i should add that i would like the person to look clean cut, though perhaps that is implied by not looking like s/he just got out of jail.
-scott

humanbarbietable

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 04:09:09 AM »
Hmm..that is very interesting to hear what you all have to say. As seeing I do deliever sometimes when I work. I like what you all have said. The thing is that there are things that the customer should probably do when they order. Main thing is tip the driver...drivers get a lot of crap from customers for an order possibly being wrong when sometimes it could be someone that actually took the order it's self. So give the driver a break if your one of the customers..lol. A customer should know what they ordered and know what they are getting charged ..as to not get upset when told the total of the food. Another good tip is if you order at night...it would be apporpriate to leave a porch or house light on so that the driver does know what house to come to. LOL...trust me..have gotten lost many of times!LOL..anyway..I have typed a lot ..so now I am stopping..LOL.[/glow][/color]

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 12:50:18 AM »
Timely
Hot
No cheese slide from improper handling of pizza

an most important of all:

DO NOT STAND AT MY FRONT DOOR FUMBLING IN YOUR POCKETS LIKE YOU DO NOT HAVE MY EXACT CHANGE, WAITING FOR ME TO SAY " AHH, JUST KEEP IT".

Don't get me wrong I always tip, and very well, it is only those delivery men and women who try to eek out every penny like that, that I find insulting.
" I'll give you your damn tip, just don't try and take it"
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

Offline Pizzaholic

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 09:08:35 AM »
I agree with all of the above, BIgAl is right.

One thing that I expect is the car itself to have the pizzaria logo in lights on top of the car. Kinda a neighborhood watch thing. It is also good advertising for the store.

Also, if something went wrong between the store and the customer(lost, cold, soggy, etc...) I would expect the driver to be able to apply some kind of Service Recovery for the customer, ie, discount the pie, or something like that.
That is tough to do because, the owner mlight have a couple of drivers rob them blindly. Maybe to correct that they should have the customer call the store with the driver there on the porch, or better yet, let the driver call the store on a cellphone to say what the problem was with the customer there, and then the store manager could determine what Service Recovery is needed.
I think I want a satisfied customer, but I want a loyal customer MORE. ;)
Pizzaholic

pizzapan