Author Topic: Mistakes Happen  (Read 124 times)

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
Mistakes Happen
« on: February 03, 2016, 10:50:58 AM »
I had an interesting experience that came to and end this morning. My big, every 5 month Penn-Mac order got shipped incorrectly. Somehow a shipping label got printed for a different customer. I got an interesting phone call Saturday afternoon from that customer. My big Penn-Mac order went to some place many hours away in SC. An obvious goof. They resolved the situation, re-packaged my order and got it to me. in the minimum amount of days that it could have, given the weekend. Shipped out Monday.

All too often in this day and age, even an obvious goof-up by a vendor becomes a major hassle. These folks made sure it did not without a hiccup. I will buy from them again as I have in the past with every confidence.

-Roy

edit: I posted this because of a line-of-thought I believe in. Everyone can have good customer service when things goes right. To have good customer service when things go wrong seems more rare these days.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:27:19 PM by rparker »

Offline Pizza Shark

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Mistakes Happen
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »
You just post your location as "east".  What city do you live in?  There are lots of suppliers who offer cash and carry in many cities.  I'd never ever pay what Penn-Mac charges and then the shipping charge on top!  Do what I did years ago... grab the yellow pages or run a search for foodservice distributors in your area. Call them and ask if they offer cash and carry. I am buying Grande cheese by the 50lb +/- case for about $2.50/lb.  Stanislaus products by the case at $30 and 50LB bags of commercial grade flour for $18 (last pick up was 50lbs of Gold Medal Full Strength).  Penn-Mac is making a fortune!     

Offline gfgman

Re: Mistakes Happen
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:36 AM »
Where are you getting Grande?  I have a RD membership, but they don't carry Grande.  They have Sorrento, Polly-O, a Saputo product, some brand of shredded cheese, and maybe some others. 
If I can't get Grande, I may try the Sorrento and see how it compares to the grocery store version.  I've bought a few loaves of the Saputo, but have decided a change is needed.  I thought the white cheddar I was mixing in was giving me a subtle taste that I was unsure of.  I left out the cheddar on the last pie, and the taste was still there.