Author Topic: All Trumps Flour (Twin Cities)  (Read 92 times)

Offline k2yeb

• I Love Pizza!
All Trumps Flour (Twin Cities)
« on: September 21, 2016, 10:50:02 AM »
I know several members on this forum are from Minnesota. I live in Minneapolis and have found this forum incredibly valuable. I own a scale, cold ferment, use steel, and buy my flour by the 50# bag. And I basically cook only for family and friends. But, every week. I am obsessed. And this site has made my pizzas into at least a quality pie if not comparable to restaurants locally (outside of Neapolitan).

What I am struggling with is finding a resource for High Gluten flour locally. Particularly All Trumps flour. I have bought it at Restaurant Depot before but the last 5 or 6 times I was there they did not carry it. They only had some off brands and Kyrol. Kyrol appears to be more for thin crust and I make generally NY style pies.

Has anyone found a source for AT Flour in the Twin Cities that is reliable and consistently instock? I have tried contacting RD to get it back in stock but haven't had luck as of yet. Or if anyone knows a better flour in this market and can help I would be greatly appreciated.

I actually have made my wife very happy with my pizzas. That is not a common occurrence :-\ lately if you know what I mean. She begs for me to make pizzas. Can anyone help?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: All Trumps Flour (Twin Cities)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:01:04 PM »
k2yeb,

I have used Kryol flour many times.  It does perform about like All Trumps.  You can make NY style pizzas with the Kyrol flour.

Norma

Offline k2yeb

• I Love Pizza!
Re: All Trumps Flour (Twin Cities)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:26:27 PM »
That's good to note, and thank you for taking the time to reply.

I had heard varying reports. Some mentioned less spring and chew, then I read elsewhere contrary opinions.  If only flour lasted longer I would have bought 100#. Bought 50# about 6-7 months ago. Already down to 12 lbs. I make about 8 or so pizzas a month.

I just must play to much euchre and fall into the trap of trumps are best.  Plus like many here I want the best, and just don't want to pay the exorbitant cost of KA Lancelot.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:30:45 PM by k2yeb »

wordpress