Author Topic: Pizza ingredients in Burlington, VT?  (Read 79 times)

Offline kickz28

Pizza ingredients in Burlington, VT?
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:23:48 PM »
Hi!

I'm going to Burlington, VT for a weekend in October. I'm coming from Canada so I was hoping to buy some pizza ingredients that are not available up here. I definitely want to get some VT Smoked Pepperoni and King Arthur flour. Maybe some cheese that is not available up here?

I'm not sure how common VT Smoked Pepperoni is in Burlington. Do I need to go in a speciality shop or is it available in most grocery stores?

Thanks!

Offline Zing

Re: Pizza ingredients in Burlington, VT?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:16:00 PM »
Don't know about the VT smoked pepperoni, but Green Mountain Foodservice in Whitehall, NY has a cash-and-carry that is open on Saturdays and Sundays. They are a member of Bellissimo, so you may be able to order in advance and pick up on a weekend. Both Burlington and Whitehall straddle the New York/Vermont border.
http://www.gmfservice.com/

Offline vtsteve

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:35:33 PM »
They'll special-order Caputo, too. I went through a couple bags before I switched to NY-style. They're open all week; it's always cash only.

Offline kickz28

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:24:12 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I won't be going down that far unfortunately.

Good news is that I emailed VT Smoke and Cure last night and they told me that their smoked pepperoni is available at Hannaford's, Shaw's and Price Choppers throughout VT, so it should be pretty easy to find I think.

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:21:10 PM »
I wonder why Hannaford and Price Chopper don't carry it in New York, at least not that I've seen. I've only seen the pepperoni in one store. Their bacon is in a lot of places and Whole Foods in Albany seems to carry everything they make except the pepperoni. Any of those supermarkets should have a decent variety of King Arthur flours. Well, at least Hannaford and Price Chopper do in upstate New York.

If for some reason the supermarkets don't have the pepperoni, Healthy Living Market & Cafe in South Burlington probably has it. Never been to their original store in Vermont, but their other second store in Saratoga Springs, NY carries it.

Hope you have a good trip.

pizzapan