Author Topic: My first semi successful 14" NY Pizza w/Tom Lehmann's modified dough recipe.  (Read 1781 times)

Offline RetroRayGun

• Pizzas make my world spin!
  The dough came out great, but the wide thickness of the crust was due to my lack of stretching technique, I also could have used thinner mozzarella slices as the cheese didn't brown evenly with the 4-cheese blend.  The only MAJOR problem with this attempt was the sauce, I purchased a store brand because my focus was on getting better dough results, but it made the pizza suffer immensely.  >:(

On the plus side I did find some AWESOME PEPPERONI slices at my local deli about 3" in diameter!!!

My next pizza will have a home made sauce instead with a little Garlic Butter and some sprinkled Parmesan on the crust for extra flavor.   

- Any suggestions for a Papa John's style sauce? (The wife needs to be satisfied  :-D )
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 10:59:07 AM by RetroRayGun »
"The concept of competition is something that I recognize is only from within.  I prefer to surround myself with peers of high skill sets, because they influence me as an evolving artist."

Online Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
Hey RetroRayGun,

Good looking pizza, congrats!  I especially liked the 2nd (?) photo which showed the pie on what appeared to be tiles. Was that a stone or tile?  Question- how´d you get the freshly formed pizza on that, while maintaining the proper shape?  Did you use a peel?  How´d the bottom of the crust come out?  What type of flour did you use and at what temp did it bake?

I just bought some clay tiles (almost the same as yours), and plan to put them bad boys on the very bottom of the oven.  2 stacks. 

Jon
Il miglior fabbro

Offline Y-TOWN

PERFECT !!

Offline nypizza

• I Love Pizza!
Good job with the pizza!

Here is a sauce recipe that I have been using:
   12 oz can Escalon 6 in 1 Tomatoes
   1 1/4 tsp Oregano
   1 1/4 tsp Basil
   1 tsp Marjoram
   1 tsp Thyme
   1 tsp Garlic
   1/4 tsp Salt
   1/4 tsp Lemon Juice (optional)

Basically just use a strong blender to puree everything together.  Then let it sit in refrigerator for at least one night.

http://www.writingup.com/nypizza/pizzeria_pizza_sauce_1

Offline madpizzaman

• I Love Pizza!
very nice!!!