Author Topic: Escalon transition  (Read 667 times)

Offline jmcb

• I Love Pizza!
Escalon transition
« on: February 22, 2016, 02:15:47 PM »
I tried unsuccessfully ordering 6-in-1 tomatoes off the Escalon site and got an error message after using several computers and several different browsers. I sent them an email and got a note back that the site was down and they could take a manual order, but it would have to be paid by check. I called the woman who wrote the email, and she told me that the site "can't be repaired." She added that, in about a month, Heinz expected to be selling Escalon products directly to Amazon, and Amazon would be offering it at a price similar to that showing on the Escalon site now. I ended up ordering from Penn-Mac. With shipping, it comes out to roughly the cost on the Escalon site, too. Sadly, she said there are virtually no stores selling the retail-sized 28 oz can on the East Coast--it's almost all sales of the #10 can.

Offline parallei

• Supporting Member
Re: Escalon transition
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:32:17 PM »
I orded over the phone 6 weeks or so ago.  It worked out fine.  The product got here in a timely manner, though it did take them a while to cash my check.  No problems and they are still great to deal with.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 11:35:17 AM »
Me too. Ordered a case of 6-in-1 directly from Escalon, they shipped using the honor system... shipped immediately even though I hadn't yet mailed the check.

Offline snickerdoodlepup

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 12:29:40 PM »
Can someone please post the phone number so I can place an order.  I'm using my last can for tonights pizza and can't place an order online.

Thank you!

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:32:52 PM »
Can someone please post the phone number so I can place an order.  I'm using my last can for tonights pizza and can't place an order online.

Thank you!

Shirley Hoover
Sales Coordinator
Escalon Premier Brands/Kraft Heinz Company
209-552-6013

Offline snickerdoodlepup

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 01:01:29 PM »
Thank you so much!   ;D