Author Topic: Costco Pizza Sauce  (Read 676 times)

Offline TheRailroadBulls

• Fatboy Style!!
Re: Costco Pizza Sauce
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »
i am sorry if I struck a cord?? i was only letting people know that you could buy the sauce that they use at the Costco Food Court. They have made it available for sale. You have to admit, Costco sells a LOT of pizza everyday. So, their pizza sauce has to be doing something right, despite the dough.

I'm personally glad you posted this cause I didn't know they sold this. My last Costco visit entailed me going in there to get some flour and finding out they only sold ONE kind. I was shocked. A warehouse FULL of food and they only offered ONE type of this bulk staple that EVERYONE buys. So I haven't been back.

I have tried their Ninas tomatoes and I thought they were sub-par to standard SM's so I haven't been back for any pizza supplies since. I goto GFS now where they have more of a selection. Especially of higher gluten content flours and raw tomato products.

When you said it makes 160 (mighta gotten than wrong) ounces of sauce, were you say for each individual bag? Or was that for all the bags in the box combined?

I'd still probably not trust this stuff... but my folks get Costco pizza alot and you have a point about how they "must be doing something right." If only they'd upgrade from those old Middleby PS360 ovens!!! :-)
"Conveyor ovens make McPizza." - Scott123

Online TomN

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 01:50:25 PM »
This sauce is not at the regular Costco, it is only at the Costco Business Centers. if you really want to try their sauce on your pie, i am sure that you can ask to buy a cup full at your local Costco to try at home.

Also, it makes 190 oz. That is one and a half cans of a # 10 can size.

Online TomN

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »

Not everyone revels and seeks the best in food the way we do... and not all of us can afford to eat only the best all the time.

That is one of the reasons that I make pizza at home. it costs less and the other reason is for better tasting pizza.