Author Topic: NY style pizzza GMG pf 4040 E  (Read 757 times)

Offline nostro

• I Love Pizza!
NY style pizzza GMG pf 4040 E
« on: May 01, 2015, 10:09:07 AM »
Hello everyone its my very first topic on this forum im happy that i finally get here bcs had some registration problems etc , sorry for my poor english , so i registered on italian forum where some of users from this forum post links to effeuno oven mods but i feel like lost soul bcs my italian is even worse than english ;/ , my passion to pizza get stronger when i was working in italy for almost full 2 years , their pizzas are different that ones u can find   in my country , first of all italian pizza do not have 2 extra sauces on it when in Poland almost any place give tomato and garlic sauce for free , i like both style neapolitan and NY style but neapolitan style was my goal so i get gmg pf 4040 E oven , decided to do this bcs one of this forum  thread and im happy with this choice , oven have some minuses too but ill write it later , now just post some of my NY style last pies , i still testing mostly my fermentation time if someone will help with this that would be nice :) , its on 100% caputo blu flour.

Offline nostro

• I Love Pizza!
Re: NY style pizzza GMG pf 4040 E
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 10:09:28 AM »
Today i end comparison test of 4 dough balls , bake one in every day , all contains 0.4 % bake yeast and its rly hard to point  major differences , i think that day 1and 2 pies was best , then day 3 was ok but day 4 dough ball was full of bubbles and gas and double or more in size , day 3,4 dough balls  overstretch easily (they were in room temp for 1 h before baking ) and day 4 rim  grew less in oven but still had open space in dough texture, and was a bit stiffer , but didnt notice changes in taste  . Now i have 2 questions for more experienced folks , so how dough ball should looks before baking ? it should be smooth or bubbly? and i heard that dough should be in room temp before baking but from my experience cold dough is just more elastic and do not overstretch like room temp very soft dough , so is there any downsides to use cold dough directly from fridge ? Maybe it is just my bad technique but i rly try to do it right and almost always some places are paper thin ;/.

Offline aspendos

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »
One of the first rules is to never put cold dough in a hot oven. Typically why you see restaurants putting cold dough in ovens is because 
1. They don't know why cold dough isn't the correct way to bake 
or 
2. They don't want to use dough that is hard to handle so they switch because prefer cold hard dough. It's easier not better. 
One of the things that kills me is if your a person who teaches someone the correct way of cooking and staging dough and they don't do it because it is harder to handle. You see it a lot unfortunetly. 
Cold dough tends to scorch when it hits the floor of an oven making the bottom cook faster than the middle. This makes for an uneven cook, weak and soft pizza.

ere is what Tony Gemignani wrote about cold dough

Offline nostro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »
How should dough balls look after cold fermentation ? Mine are soft until 48 h , after day 3 they get bubbly very soft and very easy to overstretch i use 0.4 % fresh bakery yeast and 63-65% hydration in NY style 1 % sugar ,and still wondering when is best time to bake them , any sugestions? i think that many pizzerias do ~ 24-48h fermentation .

Offline nostro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »
Again  caputo blu for NY style , dont really underestand opinions that this flour should be use in 370 C +  it works better than all purpose flour and i will compare caputo with local bread flour soon but still 12.5% protein in caputo is just like in average bread flours , it brown just fine for me with 1,5 % sugar , tomorrow i'll maybe post little compare test with pizza from biggest pizza chain in my country , over 200 restaurants .

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 06:39:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum & nice looking pizzas!

Offline Jbravo

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 07:13:32 AM »
 Pizzas look great.

Offline nostro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 04:06:09 PM »
Today more pizza , and still poor quality pics  :-[ but pizza get better , i ferment my dough for max 48 h, after this time in day 3 it looks like this on bottom :
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:08:47 PM by nostro »

pizzapan