Author Topic: perfection today!  (Read 833 times)

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
perfection today!
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
Today our pizzas came out IMO perfect.  I wish I could have bottled it  :)  It just tasted what I want a pizza to taste like crispy crust that folds, soft inside, great blend of sauce/cheese flavors, the 2 day dough was a joy to work with, and you know the deal.  People shared the opinion who brought slices from us.  We had some workers in our room doing some modifications to the venting system.  They are from Dayton OH and when they tried a slice wanted to buy as many pizzas as we could make them to bring home.  Unfortunately it was the end of the day and we were sold out.  Here are a few pictures of my lunch.  I knew from the moment I handled the dough it was going to be a good batch of pies.  550 degrees in the blodgetts really is the sweet spot when not running a mega load that needs to be done quick through it.  I eat 2 slices a day for lunch.  Walter
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:41:33 PM by waltertore »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: perfection today!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 06:39:04 PM »
Walter, CONGRATS !!!!!!!!! on your perfect pie. Man, now I've got something to look forward to.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 06:43:23 PM »
Walter, CONGRATS !!!!!!!!! on your perfect pie. Man, now I've got something to look forward to.

Mark

thanks Mark!  We hit this mark pretty regular but not everyday.  Today was a rough day and to have the pie come out so good really made me feel better.   I realize taste is a subjective thing but today was really top shelf!  It would get boring if they came out perfect everyday.  Then there would be nothing to strive for. To me it is the dough that is the most variable in the equation.  We are in a hot kitchen and this time of year I have to use ice water to mix the dough.  It seems the 2 day ferment is my favorite.  You guys in CA bay area got it made with consistent temps, humidity levels  :)  Walter
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:29:54 PM by waltertore »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »
Walter,

Glad to hear your pizzas came out perfect today.   8)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline communist

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 08:44:41 PM »
Great pies Walter!

Offline dhorst

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »
Nice!  They look wonderful.  Now I want pizza and I don't have any dough around. ???  Off to make dough.

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 06:23:52 AM »
Thanks everyone and I wish I had a slice to share with you!  One of the school districts we supply with bagels and cookies just built a year round greenhouse for the science department.  They are going to be growing basil for us year round so we have a local, organic, source instead of GFS or Sysco.  I love buying local.  The bagels we make for Denison University cafeterias are now made with organic whole wheat spelt flour that is grown and stone ground by a local Amish farmer.  I wish I could find a local cheese maker next!  Walter

We hit it again today.  Man that feels good!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:02:29 PM by waltertore »