Author Topic: Napule'06  (Read 4109 times)

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: Napule'06
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 11:40:09 AM »
About Il Presidente, I would be very surprised if he now use San felice. Noone in the city does and you can usually find that flour only south near Salerno... What is more, I know Ernesto, the masterpizzamaker, has used a mix Caputo Rossa e Pizzeria for a very long time...

Thanks Marco,
                      As I understood it from the guy I spoke to he said that they first used Caputo and now use San Felice?However I don't speak Italian and as you know B****hit  is not confined to Presidents or Pizzerias named after them ;)
                                                                     David
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 11:59:45 AM »
Marco, regarding the Polselli, I went back to my notes from my trip to Naples last year and I do have notated that the flour costs more than double what Caputo does.  This was obviously a misunderstanding on my part, but I am wondering if I have it backwards.  Is it a good deal cheaper, or did I just get totally confused. 
It does make sense that it would be a similar price.   :-X   

For anyone interested, not much info here and some ugly looking pizza, but this is the stuff.

http://www.polselli.it.

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 09:00:48 AM »
I wasn't going to post this as I thought the quality was a bit grainy due to it being filmed through a plexiglass screen,however I haven't seen many much clearer so far for this dough opening technique.I can't remember if this was Capasso or Cafasso booth at the Pizzafest?

If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 04:35:29 PM »
david, I am so glad you posted that.  I didn't mind the quality at all.

The sauce looked thicker and more generous than I remembered from most of the pizzerias.  Drooling right now.

pizzapan