Author Topic: Smoke?  (Read 1404 times)

Offline thebuzzman

• I Love Pizza!
Smoke?
« on: September 19, 2006, 10:55:20 PM »
I have recently purchased a bakers pride 3 stack electric pizza oven with stone decks.  Local codes depict that we do not have to have a hood or vent to operate the oven.  Our Cafe has 12 foot ceilings.  Does anyone know if you can operate an oven like this without venting it?  We use a convection oven all day long cooking all types of food and don't have any trouble, but baking pizza in the evening with this new oven might produce more smoke.  Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
Re: Smoke?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 09:14:04 AM »
Yes sir, you can operate it without a vent.  But, you will regret it.  I have a small Bakers Pride double stack in my kitchen. Very high ceiling. It is great on Chicago style pizzas as they are in a pan.  Once something slips off onto the stone, you will see lots of smoke.  Even corn meal and semolina will become problematic. 

Offline thebuzzman

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Smoke?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:17:03 PM »
Thank you for your post.  I will look into a filter system someone told me about that filters bars, cigar shops, etc...  It apparently is a box that can filter 2500 square feet.  A possible solution.

pizzapan