Author Topic: Seattle Pizza  (Read 341 times)

Offline Mad_Ernie

Seattle Pizza
« on: July 09, 2016, 10:51:54 AM »
Hi Gang,

I will be traveling to Seattle in the next week and will have basically half a day downtown.  I will be staying at the Westin hotel.  I would like to know what would be the best 2-3 pizzerias in the area for me to check out?  I will only be able to go to one, but I would like some suggestions so that I have a choice as I will have other folks with me. One restriction: they should be within walking distance of the Westin (I would say < 1 mile).

Thanks!

-ME  8)
Let them eat pizza.

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
Re: Seattle Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 11:54:06 AM »
I've been wanting to try Serious Pie. I've looked at lots of pics and read reviews and it sounds good. Let us know!

http://seriouspieseattle.com/
Bob

Offline HBolte

• Lifetime Member
    • Photos
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 05:08:20 PM »
Serious Pie is awesome!
Hans

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 07:49:30 PM »
Thank you both!  :) :)

Any others worth mentioning in that area?

-ME
Let them eat pizza.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 07:52:06 PM »
I've had some OK pizza at Tutta Bella. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but if you are near one and have nothing better to do.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline dineomite

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 12:31:14 PM »
The aforementioned Serious Pie and Tutta Bella are the only two real contenders in terms of being within walking distance. IMO Serious Pie is a more unique and worthwhile experience. Tutta Bella is a traditional experience that you can get in many major cities.

I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but SP's mushroom pizza is insanely good. If time permits, I usually swing by Salumi and take some cured meat for my pizzas at home. ;D

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »
Just a quick note to say "thank you" for the recommendations that I received.  We ate at Serious Pie for lunch on Saturday, July 16.  We ordered 3 pizzas for 5 of us: the margherita, the sausage with peppers, and the mushroom pizza (sorry, no pictures - we were too hungry to wait  ;D).  All were very good to excellent.  Great recommendation!

-ME
Let them eat pizza.