Author Topic: NYC West Village/NYU - first time in NYC, what are the best these days?  (Read 498 times)

Offline PizzaSuperFreak

• Pizza SuperFreak! Superfreak!...Rick James, b#@ch!
I've been on this forum for years. It's kinda amazing i've never been to NYC but just wondering ...

where the best spots for pies in NYC these days?

I know there's the iconic ones such as Lombardis, Grimaldis, Totonnos, etc.... But not sure how they fare today against the newer players such as Paulie Gee's (brookyln).

And maybe if you know any places near where i'm staying which is in the West Village/Greenwich Village/NYU area. (near 8th street and 7th ave)

Offline ebpizza

For authentic Neapolitan pizza
http://kestepizzeria.com/

For a NY slice, many recommend
http://www.joespizzanyc.com/

Offline communist

I second the Keste recommendation in New York village area

Offline HBolte

• Lifetime Member
    • Photos
Yep Keste is good. Robertas at UrbanSpace behind Grand Central is even better. An easy 20 minute subway ride will get you to Emmy Squared, some of the best pie I have had in a long time.
Hans

Offline PizzaSuperFreak

thank you very much for your suggestions. i'll certainly make use of them as time permits!

Offline PizzaSuperFreak

just a quick update. trip went amazingly well. only ended up trying bleecker street pizza and joe's pizza. bleecker street was miles above joe's fyi.

here's a couple pics...

bleecker street is the one with mush and the sasuage/pepp-mush one

joe's is the cheese.

joe's had a better view (of washington square park)

Offline Qapla

Yes, I went to Joe's when I was there - I was only there long enough to ride the PATH from NJ to walking distance from Joe's (PATH 9th St Station), enjoy the slices and back to NJ to catch Amtrak.

Where on Bleeker? My brother and I plan on trying John's on Bleeker when we get to go to NY

BTW - nice pics and Joe's does have a decent view of the park.

wordpress