Author Topic: Chicago to Philly / Mystic, CT, and back!  (Read 924 times)

Offline waltertore

• The Smiling With Hope Bakery
Re: Chicago to Philly / Mystic, CT, and back!
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 08:11:24 PM »
Derrick is swinging by at 8am.  It will be the earliest pizza I have made to date :-D  I look forward to meeting him and his wife and hearing about their trip and life.  I have a second group coming in at noon so it will be a good pizza Sunday. Walter

Offline waltertore

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 12:16:50 PM »
Derrick is swinging by at 8am.  It will be the earliest pizza I have made to date :-D  I look forward to meeting him and his wife and hearing about their trip and life.  I have a second group coming in at noon so it will be a good pizza Sunday. Walter

Derrick and his lovely wife stopped in this morning at 8am on their way to Indiana.  They are very spiritual people and I see great success for them with their Paulie G shop in Chicago.  I felt so moved that such pizza conisours would get up at the break of dawn to come to my little operation.  It gave me great hope too for our success our soon to be pizzeria in Reno. Life is so short and our culture breeds us to fear failure and take risks.  It was a good session today in putting that stuff in the dumpster :) Walter

Offline derricktung

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 09:26:51 AM »
Derrick and his lovely wife stopped in this morning at 8am on their way to Indiana.  They are very spiritual people and I see great success for them with their Paulie G shop in Chicago.  I felt so moved that such pizza conisours would get up at the break of dawn to come to my little operation.  It gave me great hope too for our success our soon to be pizzeria in Reno. Life is so short and our culture breeds us to fear failure and take risks.  It was a good session today in putting that stuff in the dumpster :) Walter

Walter,

We were honored that you would be willing to open up your shop to us and break bread (pizza) at such last minute notice, and such an early part of the morning!  My wife and I are far from connoisseurs, but having the chance to meet you AND enjoy some of the beautiful pies that I've seen throughout your posts was an opportunity that I couldn't take a chance on missing! 

Much thanks to Norma for reminding me that Walter was in the area as well as connecting us... and my apologies to Norma as well for being a dolt and not realizing how close you were to Atlantic City!

I look forward to hearing more about your big move to Reno, and to someday visiting your Reno operation! Thank you again for the amazing generosity with us!

Offline waltertore

« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 11:25:35 AM »
Walter,

We were honored that you would be willing to open up your shop to us and break bread (pizza) at such last minute notice, and such an early part of the morning!  My wife and I are far from connoisseurs, but having the chance to meet you AND enjoy some of the beautiful pies that I've seen throughout your posts was an opportunity that I couldn't take a chance on missing! 

Much thanks to Norma for reminding me that Walter was in the area as well as connecting us... and my apologies to Norma as well for being a dolt and not realizing how close you were to Atlantic City!

I look forward to hearing more about your big move to Reno, and to someday visiting your Reno operation! Thank you again for the amazing generosity with us!

Derrick:  I owe Norma a lot.  She is a tiredless champion of pizza and good vibes.  I wish you were here later in the day in that the pies that sat on the bench for 4 hours were really good.  I had to rush your dough up by putting it in the proofing box.  That works ok but is not as nice as a natural bench rise.  I hope to make it your shop in Chicago before we move.  Walter

Offline dineomite

« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 12:44:25 PM »
Very cool that both he stopped and you were making pizza at 8am. :D

pizzapan