Author Topic: DiCarlos Pizza  (Read 497 times)

Offline markmc

• I Love Pizza!
DiCarlos Pizza
« on: May 26, 2015, 03:38:02 AM »
Hello to all. I finally after 6 years have figured out how to make DiCarlos Pizza. One other post on here that detailed out the recipe for Tom's pizza recipe on 14th street in Wheeling is a waste of time. One should be concentrating on duplicating Patsy's recipe from Elm Grove. I'm not going to publish the recipe as I have worked too hard to figure it out. I will give out some hints. Isn't it better if you figure it out yourself. The cheese used is definitely provolone as per Toni DiCarlos admission in a TV commercial. The crust is made of a high gluten flour but that's not the only ingredient in the dough not
including yeast, water, salt, olive oil. The tomatoes used are not San Marzano. The pepperoni is simply the best you can buy. Think in terms of logistics when you attempt to make this extremely wonderful pizza.

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
Re: DiCarlos Pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:13:14 AM »
"I have a truly marvelous proof of this proposition which this margin is too narrow to contain."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:16:09 AM by vtsteve »
In grams we trust.

Offline Kidder

• I Love Pizza!
Re: DiCarlos Pizza
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 08:27:21 AM »
What a worthless post. You actually spent time writing that just so you could say that we couldn't have YOUR recipe? How thoughtful of you. "The pepperoni is simply the best you can buy." That tells us a lot.

I think enough people can and have come close to figuring out the secret to Di Carlos, quit acting like you're above everyone else.