Sure Jeff, as a newbie I am honored you asked. This turned into one of those rush jobs and I do not yet have a scale. In each successive experiment I have been raising the hydration, and if I understand the math correctly, this was something around 90%.
3/4 Cup + 1 Tblsp + 2 tsp water (95 degrees)
1 3/4 Cups flour (KAAP Organic, measured textbook method)
1/2 tsp IDY (Fleischmans)
1 tsp salt
Dissolved salt & water in KA bowl with dough hook attached, added IDY and all but 1/4 cup flour, mixed on stir speed 2 min to combine, covered for 20 minute rest, added last 1/4 C flour, wet kneaded on 1st speed for 8 minutes. "poured" into greased 10 x 14 in black steel pan and spread, covered, proofed for 2 1/2 hours (prob around 80 degrees), prebaked on lowest rack of 500 degree preheated oven for 9 minutes, topped, then back on same rack for 7 minutes. As soon as it stopped bubbling and sizzling, removed to cooling rack.
At the rest period I noticed this dough, if you can call it that, resembled the minnow bait we made as kids it was so wet, which was my second thought. My first thought was "this ain't gonna work". I was afraid this batter would just displace and push all the oil out from underneath once it hit the pan and I was expecting failure, so what the heck - I put the pan in the fridge for 5 minutes, then spread Smart Balance margarine all over the bottom. I hoped was this would keep it under the dough to help achieve a fry, which worked, but it also added a flavor component and left the bottom greasy. This was the only thing I did not measure, but it was 2 Tablespoons or so, maybe more. I forgot to take the temp of the finished dough, but all previous experiments were 10 degrees less than the starting water temp.
Spreading this structural adhesive in the pan was a challenge at first. With oiled and moistened finger tips I found just nudging it ever so lightly about an eighth-quarter inch at a time did the trick and then only took a few minutes. No spring back with this goop.
We have one tiny room in the house that gets so warm we keep the heat register closed. I opened it up, bumped the thermostat up 2 degrees and put the pan in to proof and rush, and I would say this room is then quickly a good 10 degrees above the rest of the house. Surprise! It actually did rise and at 2 1/2 hours, some largish alveoles were visible at the surface although not actually bubbled up.
The texture of this test was the winner for me, not bready in any way which was one goal, and a nice mix of crisp, chewy, tender and moist. The flavor of the dough remains a question mark as it was marred by all that margarine and I completely covered it with Casalinga, so couldn't really find any unflavored dough to taste even though I deconstructed a few slices. But I would say it was pleasant and am encouraged enough to use this basic recipe to continue experimentation under unrushed and more controlled conditions now that I know it works and was my best pizza to date.
We shall see...