Author Topic: Round Table's new Pepperoni Artisan Pie  (Read 1936 times)

Offline snowdy

• i pledge allegiance to the pizza
    • Dataheadz Design
Round Table's new Pepperoni Artisan Pie
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »
I cant believe a place like round table is making a pie with fresh mozzarella and stuff... never thought i'd see the day.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Round Table's new Pepperoni Artisan Pie
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 08:18:18 PM »
In a recent post (Reply 20), at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3443.msg29398.html#msg29398, Evelyne Slomon bemoaned the likelihood of a pizza chain adopting an “Artisan” pizza. It didn't take long.

Peter

Offline dancanman

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:36:46 PM »
       roundtable pizza is not only too expensive, but the quality of their sauce is poor. i worked in pizza at the age of 13, 33 years ago, and could make a better pizza that hs quality sauce and mozzerella cheese from wisconsin. we called ourselves variety pizza! back then , we charged 2.95 for a 16 inch 1 topping pizza. roundtable will cost you over 22.00 for a large pizza which is poor quality! how do they make all that money? it's a wonder to me! dandidonna@yahoo.com i also worked for pizza hut as assistant manaager in my time.

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 05:24:29 PM »
       roundtable pizza is not only too expensive, but the quality of their sauce is poor. i worked in pizza at the age of 13, 33 years ago, and could make a better pizza that hs quality sauce and mozzerella cheese from wisconsin. we called ourselves variety pizza! back then , we charged 2.95 for a 16 inch 1 topping pizza. roundtable will cost you over 22.00 for a large pizza which is poor quality! how do they make all that money? it's a wonder to me! dandidonna@yahoo.com i also worked for pizza hut as assistant manaager in my time.

It's the drugs. They put crack in their pizzas and who can resist that? That also explains the cost. IMO that pic looks like a "Boboli" precooked crust with precisely measured toppings. BOTH of which an artisan pizza is NOT. I mean couldn't they just have a pepperoni halfway on the crust just to make us believe that a human made that thing? Too perfect looking for me! I hope they don't ruin that kick ass cracker crust they have going for them.

Offline charbo

• Supporting Member
  • Wheat
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 03:17:29 PM »
Cornmeal-dusted crust?