Author Topic: Italian Oregano  (Read 14015 times)

Offline cranky

Re: Italian Oregano
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »
This is how the oregano, that was from seed, and I purchased on Ebay is growing.  
Norma
Norma,
Apparently there are different varieties of oregano that grow in Greece.  The one we both bought as plants have a reddish tinge on the leaves and mine is doing nicely, but spreading out low to the ground more than growing up on thin stalks the way my other oregano grows.  Maybe the stuff you started from seeds is another Greek type.  You won't find out how you like it until it is in the ground for awhile.  My regular oregano is all flowered out and finished growing.  The new one is still dark in color and spreading.  It started out being about 3" in diameter and now is at least six.  I have no idea how much to water it.  It is the dry season here so when I water the other herbs I give it a shot and it seems to be happy.   
Cranky

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Italian Oregano
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
Norma,
Apparently there are different varieties of oregano that grow in Greece.  The one we both bought as plants have a reddish tinge on the leaves and mine is doing nicely, but spreading out low to the ground more than growing up on thin stalks the way my other oregano grows.  Maybe the stuff you started from seeds is another Greek type.  You won't find out how you like it until it is in the ground for awhile.  My regular oregano is all flowered out and finished growing.  The new one is still dark in color and spreading.  It started out being about 3" in diameter and now is at least six.  I have no idea how much to water it.  It is the dry season here so when I water the other herbs I give it a shot and it seems to be happy.   
Cranky

cranky,

I agree with you, that I won't know until the oregano plants grow big, how I will like the taste of them or if they will be different.  I hope your new Oregano plant turns out to be different and you will like it.

I just water my Oregano along with my other plants and they also seem happy with just watering when they need it. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan