Author Topic: Just how many times do you eat pizza/week??  (Read 3624 times)

Offline youonlylivetwice

Just how many times do you eat pizza/week??
« on: September 29, 2006, 11:58:41 AM »
I am SURE this has been asked, but whatever, this is chit chat....

How many times do you eat pizza per month?  How many do you make vs. order out??

We always have pizza every Sunday... a family thing, and I also usually get in one more experimental pizza each week, so about 8 times per month.  I might get to order one out once a month, so make it 9.

I gotta think I am on the low end in this group...??...!!

Offline mivler

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Just how many times do you eat pizza/week??
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 01:29:57 PM »
I make pizza 3 out of every 4-5 weeks (I'll call that 3 times a month). I usually make 4 pies for my wife and I. That usually comes to eating pizza about 3 days in a row. It's not as good reheated, but better than not having it al all.  I don't really order in or go out for pizza.

It comes to about 10 days of pizza eating a month.

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 01:39:03 PM »
I make pies 2-3 times a month.  But it goes in waves, sometimes I'll go 2 months without making a pie. I eat out only when I'm in NY and can go to a great place or if I'm trying out yet one more terrible Atlanta place.  I've never ordered a pizza delivery in my life.

Offline enchant

• World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 01:39:19 PM »
I make pizza once a week without fail, and occasionally am invited out for pizza.
--pat--

Offline Jack

• Pizza; it's what's for dinner, breakfast........
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 06:28:38 PM »
two or three pies at once, every 2-3 weeks, unless we are having company, then it can go up to 6-8 on one night. 

We rarely eat pizza out as a family, but my co-workers and I go to Costco every other Friday and I'll eat a slice about one a month.  Oddly enough, I like Costco pizza, but I'm not sure why.  It's seriously mass produced pizza.

Jack
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 06:31:59 PM by Jack »

Offline anthony2173

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 12:23:42 AM »
Since finding this site I have been making pizza twice a week. This site is a wealth of information for more than just techniques and best practice. I have been able to find resources for ingredients that I could not get in the past.

I have a high stress job and find pizza making therapeutic. It links me to something people have been doing for hundreds of years and somehow just puts me in a better frame of mind.
If I spent this much time researching my investments I would be retired by now.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 09:30:33 AM »
Also since finding this site - I usually make pizza once a week usually on the weekend.  With enough leftover for my son to bring to school for a few days.  My family is funny - they automatically critique the pizza now - no need to ask how it is. 

We very rarely get pizza out - I haven't been able to find any that is that good.  The one place that is  good always gets the order wrong and the kid that I always end up dealing with has a bit of an uncaring flip attitude (I think he is a relative of the owner).   I have also seen other people's orders messed up and have actually heard the question "do you still want it" when they forgot part of the order.  Well duh, yes thats why it was ordered - we would all like to eat thank you. (sorry -- end of off topic rant - it's a shame because it's the only decent pizza & subs that I have found around here)  It's a fairly new place and I keep trying everyonce in awhile thinking things will get better.

Offline pizzoid

• Lifetime Member
  • A Hideous, Addictive, substance dependency
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 05:06:27 PM »
For the past 3 weeks, 12-14 times. I'm not kidding! In the past before my obsession caught hold,  it was only once a week

I'm doing massive dough, sauce, and cheese tastings in preparation for making pies at our club. 22 #10 cans of different  tomato products out in the pantry...

Yes, I'll be posting my results at some point, if I can keep it all straight!

- pizzoid

Offline Park.Pizza

• Salute
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 08:08:22 PM »
I eat to much, and not enough ;D

At least 2-3 pizza's every other week for the family. Unless my college kid is home with his buddies. Then as many as 6-7 pizza's. Feeding college kids is expensive! :o
Throw me a slice, won't ya

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 11:01:41 PM »
I make two 14" pizzas every Wednesday like clockwork.  In fact, "Red" in "Red November" secretly correlates to Wednesday in my schedule.  It's a long story.

Offline Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »
Since I bought a digital scale, electric oven with a broiling element (to complement my conventional gas oven) and a peel, Iīve been making pizza about 2/3 times a week.  I have turned into a pizza geek, and some of the members of this site share responsibility :D Hey, I enjoy making them, and like Pete-zza has mentioned in a post, the "scientist in me" is being constantly developed.  Itīs kind of like an addiction really, I can say quite shamelessly.  Some days pass by, and i think "i need to make some dough".  ;D
The question remains, however:  What do you enjoy most- the process of making pizza with your own two hands, or eating it with your own two hands (or plate and fork, as it is here in Brazil)?  I think I enjoy most the preparation, the act of making the dough, refining techniques and all.  When the pie comes out looking good, this is like the reward, or the confirmation of a successfully applied technique.
I agree with Anthony as well, it is therapeutic (making pizza).
Il miglior fabbro

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 11:31:22 AM »
Kept wondering who Pete-zaa was and if he weighed 400 lbs after all those experiments!

From the above quote from a recent post by pizzoid (Al), people may rightly think that I make and eat more pizza than I actually do. I do not keep track of my pizza making from a numbers standpoint. I make pizzas only when I think I will learn something new. I like pizza as much as the next guy, but as with Jon, I like the process of making pizza and learning about pizza just as much, if not more. As a result, I almost never make the same pizza twice. I make many variations, as the Lehmann thread attests, but there is always a twist or principle or concept that I am testing, hoping that it will add to my body of pizza knowledge. To keep myself organized, I maintain a regularly updated pizza “to do” list from which I decide what kind of pizza or experiment I plan to do next. If I had to guess, I would say that on average maybe I make a pizza a week or maybe a bit more. As for my weight, I am a fairly disciplined eater and am able to maintain it between 155-160 pounds. About the only time I am likely to eat an entire pizza at a single sitting is when it is a small, thin, Neapolitan-style pizza.

As for addictions, I am more addicted to this site than I am to my pizzas ;D.

Peter

Offline Barry

• Pizza Passion Perserverance
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 04:09:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

I make pizza at least once a week, usually on the week-end. I also eat out at a pizzeria at least once a week, usually at a different restaurant.

Kind regards.

Barry

Offline Wallman

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 04:53:30 PM »
I probably make pizza at home 3-4 times a month, usually 1 or 2 pies.  Since discovering this forum and working on my pizza, I rarely order takeout pizza anymore.  Now if I'm somewhere that has good pizza (SFO Bay area, Pittsburgh -- still trying to get to Phoenix), I do try to eat it.

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 03:15:44 AM »
I know I'm sounding alittle extreme but in the past 4 months I've made 100+ pizzas since finding this site..
in those 4 months I've probally not had a slice for a total of a week..lot's of leftovers ;D
and I swear I'm never tired of it..I'll BBQ or make a roast or stew but always like some pizza for on the side..
at 6'2'' and 180 I never gain weight so I guess I'm lucky..
I still haven't achived the perfect dough I'm looking for but I won't stop untill I do but I'm getting very close and (I think most of the problem lies with my oven)
I'll be working on a woodburning outdoor brick oven and I just bought a viking range which between the 2 should greatly improve my crust..for now I can't get over 475..
so I guess I can say with great pride I eat pizza almost everyday and never order out or go to a pizza place..
even when I go out to eat at a restaurant I'll still have a leftover slice for lunch before dinner.. :pizza:
Pizza Rocks

Offline shango

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 09:00:12 PM »
pizza is my life.  I eat it everyday while working and @ ledo's on my days off  (when I'm slumming).
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 09:18:23 AM »
3-5 times a week. I love pizza and wouldn't give it up, even if my life depended on it.