Author Topic: we want to have a pre-made brick oven at our cafe, any suggestions?  (Read 2793 times)

Offline thebuzzman

• I Love Pizza!
Has anyone purchase a pre-made brick oven that you bring in, hook up a vent to the outside, and your in business?  Is there anything out there that easy?  I am getting mixed advice from some different manufacturers.  They say that I can hook up an 8 inch vent to the outside, and that is all you need to do pizza at 800 degrees all night long.  Some others say that you must have a hood also?  We do not have a hood or vent in the building we lease, but could pay to have a vent run from the oven to the top of roof.    :chef:

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
Re: we want to have a pre-made brick oven at our cafe, any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »
Well...yeah.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3763.0.html

If you stick with something this big in your place, you have the option of employing a powered vent.

PizzaPolice

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 10:45:55 PM »
This is it so far.  Once there's a roof and pipe...Pizza!!!  oh.. yeah  ...the learning curve of wood fired ovens.  ...Then...PIZZA!!

Offline John39840

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 04:28:08 AM »
This is it so far.  Once there's a roof and pipe...Pizza!!!  oh.. yeah  ...the learning curve of wood fired ovens.  ...Then...PIZZA!!

Is that the new oven you were referring to in a previous thread? That's awesome! You definitely have to take pictures of that thing in action... and give a little history of the oven itself. Nice.  :pizza:

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 08:58:15 AM »
AS far as I know, the exit of the chimney needs to be above the neighbors roof.. I guess you don't want smoke into your window... Some authority also require the installation of an extractor motor "to blow" up the exhaust gasses....

www.forno-napolteano.it does a ready made Neapolitan oven ready for installation.

Ciao

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:03:51 AM »
It's all based upon your county codes. For example if you are in Los Angeles county then you need an exhaust hood, which is called a Type I, direct venting is not allowed.  The kind of oven has nothing to do with it. I know New Mexico, Colorado and most parts of New York also want hoods for commercial applications.  Most of the other states are 50/50 depending on what inspector you get.  A fan is a must also if you have other equipment with hoods sucking the air out. Duct size will vary too depending on the oven.  If you tell me what state you are in I can check our records to see what has been done in regards to venting.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 10:09:08 AM by JPY »
-JP-

Offline Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »
You may want to check out the website :  www.fornobravo.com

I believe that these ovens are fabricated in Italy.
Il miglior fabbro

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 03:41:23 PM »
In the title our friend says ..."pre-made BRICK"... Some wood ovens aren't made of brick but of 3-4 wedges that get together... This is not as good as a handmade-brick oven no matter what and most of the pre-made one are of of the wege type. Luckly it is now possible to buy a pre-made brick oven, made in Naples with proper bricks....

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 09:38:39 AM »
So you got yourself a MAM Pizzapolice.A good deal I think,for one of the better pre fab ovens out there.I've used one myself before.Any chance you could provide details of how you actually moved this thing to your location and positioned it as you have?I know a lot of people have questioned this before on other sites etc.,and from where yours looks to be situated I,m sure it wasn't so easy getting it up on that stand !
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 05:44:59 PM »
Forklift or crane will do the trick.  Unless if you get 15 poeple to lift the thing. An oven like that weighs about 2500 lbs.  MAM is an interesting oven, Italian made with French refractory cement.
-JP-

pizzapan