Author Topic: GMG PF 4040 E Electric Pizza Oven  (Read 3115 times)

Offline sub

GMG PF 4040 E Electric Pizza Oven
« on: November 03, 2014, 03:39:44 AM »
Maybe another good oven for the Neapolitan pies

GMG PF 4040 E Pizza Oven

Seperate temperature control (85 ° - 450 °C) for top and bottom heat by thermostat
Ventilation by integrated chimney
Interior insulation with high quality mineral rock wool , energy saving
Extra large fire proof safety glass window

Dim. Inside 40 x 40 x 10 cm.
Dim. Outside 63 x 51 x 29 cm.
Power 3,5 kW 230 / 400V
Weight 38 kg.
Made in Turkey
price: 385,56 €
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:47:57 AM by sub »

Offline uk1

Re: GMG PF 4040 E Electric Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 05:00:28 AM »
That looks perfect for home use. Good price.  I've emailed to ask what price to the UK as the base price seems good value.

Offline helix

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:50:56 AM »
I did at first glance also like the oven . I have seen, however, that the interior of galvanized (Zinc) steel is . Zinc is not actually used here in Germany in the food industry . I think is even prohibited . Zinc has a low melting point.
I prefer stainless steel - there i see no risk.
Does anybody know if the GGF Micro is made inside with stainless Steel?

Offline uk1

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:07:39 AM »
Hi, zinc is bad news. It does seem odd, and I cannot see this anywhere.  Can you link to where this is. Thanks.

Offline helix

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »
In German Online Shops you can read "Innen aus verzinktem stahlblech"
I found a link, where you can read "galvanized Steel"
I hope is it allowed to post a link
http://www.adasan.de/en/Pizzeria/Pizza-ovens/Single-chamber-ovens/GMG-Single-chamber-pizza-oven--4x25cm--800x720x360mm.html

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 05:08:19 PM »
I'm looking at the posted specs and it seems like the FRONT is stainless steel, the baking chamber is refractory brick and by internal, they mean the chassis from the stainless steel back. At least that is how it looks in the picture too. I would be nice to have a view if the interior baking chamber though. Take care!

Jim
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Offline sub

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 03:17:11 AM »
I've found and old thread with an oven from the same brand   :-\

Modification of a commercial electric pizza oven

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:19:39 AM by sub »

Offline uk1

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 04:09:57 AM »
I've been communicating with the German company over the last 24 hours and it is like pulling teeth and I've given up completely on that source on the basis of the exchanges.  If this is what they are like pre-sale..............

Membership of the EU was supposed to make trading easy .............. ::)

Re the mod.  I always thought that the spec of this oven implied that no mod was necessary.

I wish that a manufacturer would copy the G3 Ferrari range format but replace the pointless timer on the left hand side with a second thermostat control to give seperate control to the stone element and heating element.  That would make it almost perfect .....  and I think they would really sell.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:14:10 AM by uk1 »

Offline helix

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
I found out that galvanized steel is normal . Many other manufacturers build the same way. I have now ordered the gmg oven and hope it works well.

Offline sub

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
Give us some feedback then  !

I'm with uk1 on the galvanised steel,  even more if you planning to bypass the thermostat  :angel:

Offline uk1

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 04:17:44 PM »
I'm considering the Firma 1C Micro.  This is small, reaches 500  degrees is quite cheap in the UK the only downside I see is the lack of a window.  The Effeuni is a bit of a palaver to buy and a wait and more expensive.  Any guidance  or opinions appreciated.

Offline sub

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 04:34:50 PM »
How cheap in Uk ?

I see the lack of a window as a plus, you loose heat over it.

Offline uk1

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 05:47:38 PM »
£371 including vat and delivery it seems. I would have thought NOT having a window losing heat as you have to keep opening the door. ???

The picture looks odd.  What is wrong with the oven?  Why is it losing so much heat? 

Is this your oven?  Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:54:25 PM by uk1 »

Offline sub

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 03:13:43 AM »
I would have thought NOT having a window losing heat as you have to keep opening the door. ???

Yes but Ideally,  you open the door only once to remove the pie.

The picture looks odd.  What is wrong with the oven?  Why is it losing so much heat? 

Is this your oven?  Any feedback appreciated.

Nothing wrong with the oven, the owner is just trying to improve it that's all.

Without a window the preheating is shorter, the browning of the crust more uniform, and the baking maybe a bit quicker.

I only own a G3Ferrari but you can trust me on this.

Offline uk1

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 04:09:06 AM »
Hi,

Yes I have the G3 Ferrari Divina and I'm struggling when making more than one pizza.  I wish they had two thermostat controls rather than just the one!  There really is an untapped market for a very small counter top reaching 500 degrees and sold by domestic kitchen oven suppliers rather than trade.

I can see what looks like a bigger stone fitted.  Is that a good idea for this and if so - any idea what and where from?

Sub, I realise we must both be dealing with the same G3 Ferrari challenges.  At the moment I'm warming up on around 1.5 for around 10 to  20 minutes or so, then cranking up for a minute or so before putting the pie in.  Otherwise I get a burnt base before the top cooks.  It looks like it should be possible to get perfect results every time.  What is your procedure?

Just learned that the Fimar isn't in stock for a few weeks .... glad I didn't order online and expect it next day ...

Thanks.

Jeff
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:35:52 AM by uk1 »

Offline uk1

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 06:26:18 AM »
I decided to order a Fimar Micro ... and it is arriving in a few weeks.  £383 including vat and delivery.

http://www.caterkwik.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_CK0991

I hope I won't be dissapointed .......

Jeff

:)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:28:10 AM by uk1 »

Offline Solo e pensoso

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 05:22:50 AM »
After months of research and hesitations I decided to order GMG 4040E. Initially P134H or GGF/Fimar Micro seemed like the only (or at least better) choice, but I'm really concerned with the build quality of P134H (plenty of reported issues on italian forums and additinally recently Effeuno decreased the power of the top heater which is definitely the move in wrong direction). From the other side GGF/Fimar is just underpowered - I don't want to be forced to modify brand new oven or wait hours to heat it properly.

GMG is of course a little bit risky (made in Turkey, and actually no feedback from other users available), but the company itself is well established in professional pizza oven market (at least in Germany and here in Poland) and technically it seems like the perfectly balanced device for prosumer use: both top and bottom heaters are 1750W - it shoud be able to reach correct temperature fast and deliver enough radiation to cook top of the pizza in 90 seconds or so.

I should have my oven by the end of January and I'm going to share my experiences with you.

Offline Solo e pensoso

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 05:02:49 AM »
So my GMG PF 4040 E has arrived. I'm rather happy with it's build quality - it looks robust, heavy duty, like professional oven in a pizzeria: no fancy design but it feels solid.

It's rather bulky with the interior slightly deeper then P134H (40x40cm) and probably solid insulation (you can touch the casing almost everywhere with the naked hand even when the oven is preheated to 500 degrees). Those additional 5 cm are quite usefull, because you can position the pizza deeper in the oven, reducing the unevenness in baking caused by the windowed door (the window is smaller than in P134).

Theoretically 450 degrees Celsius is the limit, but the actual temperature inside is closer to 500 - I didn't try, but it should be no problem to even reach 500 without any mods (it has the same limitations like P134H - when the stone is hotter than 400 degrees it's not possible to bake the pizza without burning the bottom of the cake) . From the other side it has more powerfull bottom heater (both top and the bottom are 1750W) so you can reach the maximum temperature in about 20-25 minutes.

My first experiences are very similar to what P134H user's has been reporting. Without less energy efficient teracotta stone it's a little bit hard to find good balance between the temperature of the chamber and the stone. But even with stone at 380-390 degrees and the chamber at 450-460 the result is quite impressing. It was the first time I was able to bake pizza in 90 seconds. I had no time for long fermentaion of the dough (it was ready within 6 hours) and run out of 00 flour so defenitely it's possible to achieve more than you can see on attached pictures.

Time will tell how good and problem free it really is, but at the moment I'm quite happy with my choice - the prices (with delivery) of all three: P134H, GGF Micro and GMG 4040 are very similar (at least here in Poland), but the GMG is the most powerfull of all three and makes a more "heavy-duty" impression.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Offline uk1

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 04:28:09 AM »
Great to hear your enjoying your new oven.  The Fimar Micro which is identical is also producing very fine pizza.

How long does it take your oven to reach max temps?

Offline Solo e pensoso

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 05:36:15 AM »
Great to hear your enjoying your new oven.  The Fimar Micro which is identical is also producing very fine pizza.

How long does it take your oven to reach max temps?

Fimar Micro is identical with GGF Micro. My oven is different: GMG PF 4040 E. As I wrote earlier, I was considering Fimar/GGF, but decided that it's better to have 3,5KW (comparing to just 2,2KW of Fimar).

It takes about 20-25 minutes to reach 460-470 degrees (with the original stone). It's possible to have it even hotter, but with the original stone it doesn't make any sense (the pie will be burned if the stone is hotter than 400 degrees).

Offline uk1

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 08:28:07 PM »
Thanks. So were you able to plug this into standard mains?

Offline Solo e pensoso

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 06:45:59 AM »
Thanks. So were you able to plug this into standard mains?

Yes, 230V, standard plug (although it's possible to switch it into 400V).

Online nostro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 01:42:24 PM »
I alsho bought GMG pf 4040 e oven and can tell some pros and cons , you guys can check my ny style thread where i post pizza pics from this oven i will also post neapolitan style pics later , this oven can bake neapolitan pie in ~90 s and i do this on 455 C up and 400C bottom thermostat  but still do this on pizza screen so baking is a bit slow down , when i put it directly on stone at 400C it probably burn on bottom , pizza come out nice , biggest downside that i see is weak door isolation bcs there is space beetwen oven and door and u rly need to turn pizza once to get even bake (sorry for poor english) ,for preheat to 455 C it takes about 25-30 min and one more downside , baking chamber steel get hmm defferent texture from high heat , like sandblasted steel also lightning is adapted  to max 300C  when i did few 455 C bakes lighting bulb just burned  in new  oven .Overall im still happy , oven is powerfull and make nice pizzas .

Offline Solo e pensoso

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 05:10:07 AM »
Whole year passed since I bought my GMG PF 4040 and I still like it very much. Nostro's findings above (reply #22) are spot on: you have to be definitely prepared for almost immediate light bulb failure.

The only change from original configuration was the biscotto stone which improved my process significantly (at the cost of longer pre-heat - it;s about 45 minutes now). I'm thinking about beter insulation of the door, but it's not such a big deal to rotate the pizza once during the baking.

pizzapan