Author Topic: Problems Saputo Floor in The Pizzone  (Read 283 times)

Pete Zaria, Jeslan and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Pete Zaria

• I Love Pizza!
Problems Saputo Floor in The Pizzone
« on: Today at 12:11:47 PM »
Hi all,

I am finally trying to install the Saputo tiles in my Pizzone.  They seem to vary in size by up to 1/4" width wise.  The front tiles are leaving gaps between the sides of the oven, while the rear tiles are too wide and won't fit.  Have any of you had the same problem?  It seems like a soft material so I assume they can be sanded down, but I don't want to do any damage.

Thanks

Pete
Pizza, The Adirondack Mountains of New York, and a good stiff drink!

Online Jeslan

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Problems Saputo Floor in The Pizzone
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:46:45 PM »
Hi Pete
I have the exact same problem.  :D
I have the 70 x 70, and have just upgraded to the Pizzaone with the Saputo titles.
The "normal" bricks was not that difficult to put in the 70 x 70.

I have written Simone from Pizzaparty this afternoon, will update when i get an answer.

rgds
Jesper

Online TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:51:07 PM »
Have you tried sliding (as opposed to dropping) the back right brick into place without the front bricks installed?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Online Pete Zaria

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:08:59 PM »

Hi Pete
I have the exact same problem.  :D
I have the 70 x 70, and have just upgraded to the Pizzaone with the Saputo titles.
The "normal" bricks was not that difficult to put in the 70 x 70.

I have written Simone from Pizzaparty this afternoon, will update when i get an answer.

rgds
Jesper

Hi Jesper,

Mine looks exactly like yours.  Another problem that I just realized is that the oven narrows as you go toward the rear, the front is 24" wide while the rear is 23.5" wide.  I tried sanding them a little with #60 sandpaper on an orbital sander but they're still not fitting in.  it would be nice if they were fitted prior to shipping.  I also emailed Simone.

Have you tried sliding (as opposed to dropping) the back right brick into place without the front bricks installed?

Hi Craig,

I did try that, but because of the 1/2" difference from front to back it get jammed up about 1/3 of the way in.

Online Pete Zaria

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: Today at 02:34:50 PM »
Hi Jesper,

Heres a pic of how much I need to grind off, its 3/8" at the widest point.  It doesn't seem to be too difficult, but its not the way I wanted to spend the afternoon.  I guess if I mess it up the ashes will fill it in.

Online TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:46:10 PM »
I'd talk to Simone before I started grinding - make sure you aren't overlooking something.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Online Jeslan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:57:22 PM »
Hi Pete
Agree with Craig. Let's hear what Simone has to say.
The titles for the 70x70 are only 20 X 30 vs the 40x30 for the Pizzaone, the small titles are easier to fit, even with minor differences in the titles, and the fact, that the Pizzaone is wider in the front.
I have not measured the 70 x 70, but i think it's the same... wider in the front.

/jesper

Ps. I understand you'r eager to get started, but i think we should wait for an answer from Simone.

I did make 4 nice pizza's on the 70 x 70 tonight.
 ;D

in the attached picture - You can see both of the ovens in the background.  :D

Online Pete Zaria

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: Today at 03:04:03 PM »
You're both right, Ill wait to hear from Simone.

Thanks

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Wood fired oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #8 on: Today at 04:02:43 PM »
Hi Pete Zaria not understand you problem to place, send me a photo please to understand
i have make a small video tutorial, i think is useul how to approach the bricks

Jeslan, to place the  bricks in your case is sufficent place the rear bricks roof type, and after you push down slowly with a hand, attached an image to exaplain, if you have difficulty to understand my image tomorrow i make a dedicated video, if necessary send me a mail please, because is possible don't see the forum tomorrow

don't need to cut or grind the bricks
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired oven Pizza Party
New shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA + Wood fired oven Pizza Party + all taxes
Pizza Party facebook fans: Forni Pizza Party customers
italian official web site: Forni a legna Pizza Party

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Wood fired oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #9 on: Today at 04:04:35 PM »
i mistake, beautiful pizzas Jeslan
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired oven Pizza Party
New shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA + Wood fired oven Pizza Party + all taxes
Pizza Party facebook fans: Forni Pizza Party customers
italian official web site: Forni a legna Pizza Party

Online Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: Today at 04:25:14 PM »
I had the same issue with the rear tiles too but didn't know about the trick Simone posted at the time.  I got it to work by using a metal spatula.  It took me 15m and some fustration just to put in the rear tiles.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:26:51 PM by Jackie Tran »

Online texmex

« Reply #11 on: Today at 04:44:02 PM »
I had the same issue with the rear tiles too but didn't know about the trick Simone posted at the time.  I got it to work by using a metal spatula.  It took me 15m and some fustration just to put in the rear tiles.

Yeah, but you are the ideal subject for a study in perseverance. ..
Reesa

Online Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: Today at 04:52:35 PM »
Yeah, but you are the ideal subject for a study in perseverance. ..

Lol.  Thank you.  I'm just stubborn.   :P

Offline Matthew

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: Today at 05:08:17 PM »

Chau,
Did you put the rear tiles in first?  I have yet to install mine & I anticipate having the same issue as everyone else?
If I understand correctly, you install 1 side first (left) push the tiles as much as you can to the side of the oven, install the right side & then use the screwdriver trick to tighten the centre gap.

Thx,
Matt
« Last Edit: Today at 05:11:58 PM by Matthew »

Online Pete Zaria

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: Today at 05:12:02 PM »
Thanks for the advice Simone, I finally got the tiles in.  There's some unevenness in the height but I guess that's because its a handmade product.  Chau, yours look very even.  Well, I'll be trying my first Neapolitan tomorrow if the weather holds out.  My intended 48 hr. dough will be 96 hrs. by tomorrow.  Will post pics of the set up and pizzas..

Thanks

Pete

Online Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:14:42 PM »
Matthew, I put the front ones in first.  I then put the rear ones side by side outside the oven to make sure the edges would line up and that the tiles lie flat.  I put the rear left in first and struggled with getting the right one to fit.  I ended up using the spatula to shimmy it into place.  I even had to use a rubber mallet and give it a few light taps to get it to fit.  I would try Simone's posted trick first.

Online Jeslan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: Today at 05:18:45 PM »
Hi Jackie.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. Could you describe in more detail how you got the titles aligned?

Rgds Jesper

Online Jeslan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:19:57 PM »
Hi Jackie.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. Could you describe in more detail how you got the titles aligned?

Rgds Jesper
Sorry,  didn't see your post. 😀
Thanks.

Online Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: Today at 05:23:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice Simone, I finally got the tiles in.  There's some unevenness in the height but I guess that's because its a handmade product.  Chau, yours look very even.  Well, I'll be trying my first Neapolitan tomorrow if the weather holds out.  My intended 48 hr. dough will be 96 hrs. by tomorrow.  Will post pics of the set up and pizzas..

Thanks

Pete

Glad to hear it Pete.  My front left stone sits a bit low where the 4 corners join but it's not a problem since I don't bake on that spot. The two rear tiles are flat and even thankfully. 

Online Jeslan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: Today at 05:37:37 PM »

Thanks

Pete
Hi Pete.
From the picture,  it doesn't look that uneven. I have brought the oven to different events,  and always remove the titles when moving it, and it is impossible to reassemble it without a small unevenness.
Won't be a problem for you.

Online Pete Zaria

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #20 on: Today at 05:41:39 PM »
Thanks Chau, checked the floor with a straight edge and the high/low spots are no more than a 1/8" difference.  There a bump that's noticeable right above the A on Party, but I won't be baking on that spot anyway.  I slid the peel in and out a few time and nothing got hung up so I think I'll be ok.

Jesper,  I was getting pretty frustrated with the tiles earlier and forgot to comment on your pizzas, they look great.  Hope mine will look that good.

Pete

Glad to hear it Pete.  My front left stone sits a bit low where the 4 corners join but it's not a problem since I don't bake on that spot. The two rear tiles are flat and even thankfully.

Online Pete Zaria

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: Today at 05:48:37 PM »
Hi Pete.
From the picture,  it doesn't look that uneven. I have brought the oven to different events,  and always remove the titles when moving it, and it is impossible to reassemble it without a small unevenness.
Won't be a problem for you.

Thanks Jesper, 

Using Simone's method of installing the tiles worked out great, glad you and Craig stopped me from further grinding.  The only problem I foresee is that it might be nearly impossible to remove the tiles, they are in there very tightly.  Have you tried it yet?

Pete

Online Jeslan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: Today at 05:51:03 PM »
Thanks Chau, checked the floor with a straight edge and the high/low spots are no more than a 1/8" difference.  There a bump that's noticeable right above the A on Party, but I won't be baking on that spot anyway.  I slid the peel in and out a few time and nothing got hung up so I think I'll be ok.

Jesper,  I was getting pretty frustrated with the tiles earlier and forgot to comment on your pizzas, they look great.  Hope mine will look that good.

Pete
Thanks, I'm sure yours will be good.
I know exactly how you feel,  I get my shipment of 25 kg Caputo blu Pizzeria (2nd this year) tomorrow,  and want to have the Pizzaone ready and tryout the new saputo floor.  😊
Looking forward to see your pizzas!

wordpress