Author Topic: The next oven  (Read 109 times)

stonecutter and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
The next oven
« on: Today at 10:11:33 AM »
I ordered some of these from Superior clay, just the dome, not the sides.  I will build a sailor course and drop the dome on it.  Not sure of the vent yet, but it will be simple.  I want to keep the weight including the base under 800#.  The diameter of the dome is 27" with a 2" thickness and a 7-1/2" rise.  The opening is 16-1/4" with a 4-1/2" rise.  I will cut the sailor course down to 7" for an interior height of 14-1/2" and a door opening of around 16"x11".

A tiny little oven that should heat up fast.

Online stonecutter

• Old World Stone & Garden
Re: The next oven
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:08:24 PM »
Cool Tom.  Is this for you?...the second oven you have mentioned before?
http://oldworldstoneandgarden.com/

Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
Jacob August Riis

Online Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:19:45 PM »
No, I am building one at the office as a demo (i.e. so we can have pizza for lunch) and then one for sale.

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:21:09 PM »
looks cool Tom.  do they make larger domes? 

Online Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:37:58 PM »
No, that is the biggest dome piece they make.  The side pieces are sloped outwards, this is the biggest dome, but is not from their biggest oven.  The larger ovens have smaller dome pieces, but larger sloped side pieces.  FYI, I do not like their ovens, even though I am the local distributor.  I have only sold 3 or 4 in 20+ years.