Author Topic: Modding an oven for more heat from the top  (Read 40 times)

Pete-zza and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline abrown221

• I Love Pizza!
Modding an oven for more heat from the top
« on: Yesterday at 10:52:40 PM »
I own a WPO 500 that is unsafely rested on a speaker inside of my studio apartment.  Fire hazards aside, it has been a great oven that continues to perform for me.  Here is the link:

The only think I have been consistently frustrated with is the heat from the top element.  I realize it is a 120v, so that will hold it back, but surely there is some way to remedy this.  My current ideas are:

-Somehow mount a stone or steel on the ceiling of the oven, below the heating elements.  This would cause the top of the oven to hold more heat and send it down on top of my pizzas. 

-Add some aluminum reflectors that are very common in the Ferrari G3 oven mods, above the heating elements.  Not sure if this would do a damn thing. 

Other than that, I have no ideas.  Both of those ideas are also fairly difficult to execute, but I am willing to take the time.  What do you guys think is a viable option?

Offline barryvabeach

Re: Modding an oven for more heat from the top
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:09:04 AM »
Short of rewiring it,  is there any way you can lift the bottom stone so that the pizza ends up closer to the top element?   I don't think the mods you are suggesting are going to help,  the link says that the height is 4 inches, if you can get the pizza within 2 inches or less of the top element, you may get better results.   You could of course put the extra stone on top of the existing lower stone, but that will only raise it a little, and will lengthen preheat times.