Author Topic: Rising too fast in the fridge  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Kidder

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Rising too fast in the fridge
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »
What has become of my topic?!? You guys have way too much time your hands but what you're doing can be useful to those who want to meet an exact percentage. I know what dough is supposed to feel like so that's all that matters I think. Good work though.

I made up some nice dough last night that I'll be trying out tonight or tomorrow, depending on how much they've risen by tonight. This time I added 2 teaspoons kosher salt and a little over a teaspoon IDY. I started out with 1 cup water and 2.25 cups bread flour, gradually working the flour in. I came so close to adding my sourdough starter but I decided not to. I don't know the behavior of it yet and I want pizza tonight.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2006, 01:18:45 PM »
Kidder,

Sorry about that. Once November opens a new thread with the new tool, with his and David's permission I can delete a lot of the intervening posts.

Peter

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2006, 04:10:15 AM »
Peter,

The results of fitting your data to an ideal curve are interesting.  It was difficult to fit your KASL measurements to a logarithmic scale of any kind, but what you see is the best fit possible.  Your Caputo 00 Extra Blu on the other hand, wow!  I've never seen a better fit.  It's like you took absolutely flawless measurements.  That set of data is definitely a keeper.  More features and a separate thread coming soon.

- red.november

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006, 08:18:09 AM »
November,

This morning I ran another set of data on the KASL to give you a few more data points. This time the ten samples averaged 122.5 for the one-cup size, 60.7 for the 1/2-cup size, and 30.3 for the 1/4-cup size.

As I was running the tests I could see that the Caputo 00 flour handled better than the KASL. The Caputo flour is a very fine flour and it creates a smoother surface during leveling. The KASL tends to be a bit on the "clumpy" side with a tendency of the flour to stick to itself and form a slightly less smooth surface during leveling.

Peter

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 01:57:58 PM »
Peter,

Good job on the remeasuring.  That was nearly as flawless as the 00 flour.

- red.november

pizzapan