Author Topic: Outlet for Caputo Rosso 13% flour.  (Read 1399 times)

Offline iceman06

• Extra Anchovies Please !
Outlet for Caputo Rosso 13% flour.
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:41:11 PM »
I'm new to the forum and am looking for a source for the Caputo Rosso flour close to Alaska. Does anyone have info on west coast distributors ???

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Outlet for Caputo Rosso 13% flour.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 03:44:01 PM »
so far I have only found it at dairyland usa (chef's warehouse) in NY.  There must be more sources, though.   Try calling Orlando foods to find out.

Offline iceman06

• Extra Anchovies Please !
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 03:48:01 PM »
so far I have only found it at dairyland usa (chef's warehouse) in NY.  There must be more sources, though.   Try calling Orlando foods to find out.
Thanks Scott. I e-mailed chefs warehouse but got no response so I was looking for alternates. ;)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 10:40:58 PM »
iceman06,

You might check out Merlino Foods as listed on the stocking distributors list at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2594.0.html. They appear to be the closest distributor to you. Merlino does not sell to the public but they may give you the name of one of their customers in Alaska from whom you may be able to buy or order the Rosso flour. Also, sometimes a distributor will break its own rules and sell to an individual if they know you are a serious pizza maker, even a home pizza maker. They might also sell to you if you tell them you are thinking about opening a pizzeria and want to try out the flour. Sometimes it works but sometimes it does not. The Rosso is not the most popular Caputo flour so it is possible that Merlino may not have it in inventory.

Peter

pizzapan