Author Topic: dominos sausage  (Read 4416 times)

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
dominos sausage
« on: October 11, 2006, 11:32:25 AM »
yes, i do enjoy quality sausage, but i remembered always liking dominos' pellet sausage, despite not having had dominos for a long time.

is there anyone that knows who is their source, or who else sells simple pellet sausage?

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: dominos sausage
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:08:53 PM »
ABC,  I tried a bunch of the vendors at the NY pizza show and this was the best of the standard commercial sausage that I could find.

http://www.fontanini.com/products.html

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:33:57 PM »
thankyou Scott, i'm going to contact them and see where i might be able to purchase some... it's been a long while since i've made any pizza with sausage on it...

Offline chiguy

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:06:46 PM »
 Hi abc,
 You may consider contacting our member (lilbuddypizza) who is in the meat industry in Chicago. He once commented that the precooked sausage(the chains) has soy flour added to it. It does not compare to the fresh stuff in my opinion. Sausage is king in Chicago, whether it is a sausage/italian beef combo or on a pizza.   Chiguy

Offline AKSteve

• Lifetime Member
  • We are all made from the same dough.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 02:42:30 AM »
I have some of the Fontanini Chicago Style sausage topping in my freezer right now. They're the little brown pellets and I think they taste pretty good. It does indeed have some soy products in it: Textured Soy Protein, Soy Protein concentrate, & Soy Lecithin.

Steve

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »
where did you buy the sausage from?

Offline AKSteve

• Lifetime Member
  • We are all made from the same dough.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 02:29:39 PM »
abc,

I get it from a family owned food-service company. Unfortunately, we're in Anchorage, Alaska, so this won't really be of much help in your search. I made my post simply to confirm the soy ingredients in the Fontanini product. Sorry I'm not in a more convenient part of the country to help you out directly.

Steve

Offline ZekeTheCat

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
If you're in the Mi/In/Oh/IL midwest area of the US ,Gordon Food Service (GFS) carries one of the Fontannini pizza toppings in 15 lb boxes for $ 30 give or take. They are open to the public and carry other pizza making supplies.

Store locater:
http://gfs.know-where.com/gfs/

Offline pizzaJoe

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, mmmmmm!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 01:47:02 PM »
abc,

Did you contact Fontanini?  Do they sell retail?  Any info on where, esp in NorCal?

Although not considered "gourmet", I too like the little pellets of (non-spicy) sausage.   :D

Thanks!
PizzaJoe

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 01:31:26 PM »
sorry joe.. but i havent yet.  i've had a break from pizza...  i will call them.