Author Topic: Brooklyn's Coal Oven Pizza  (Read 2369 times)

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
Brooklyn's Coal Oven Pizza
« on: October 12, 2006, 12:41:18 PM »
This place never really gets any mention or press.  I've been to plenty of pizzerias in the tri state.  Tottono's, Grimaldi's, Una Pizza Napoletana, Luzzo's.  Haven't been to Patsy's yet.  These guys who run Brooklyn's have 3 locations in NJ now (Hackensack, Edgewater, and Ridgewood).  And, they are from the Grimaldi family.  I think they are nephews just like the guy who currently owns Grimaldi's.  From the pizza's I've had, they make a better pie than Tottono's, Grimaldi's, UPN.  I've only been to two places that served better so far.  Delorenzo's Tomato Pies (Trenton, NJ), my favorite.  And Luzzo's.

Their pies have great fresh mozz., tomato sauce is similar to Grimaldi's, but the garlic they put on their pies is by far the strongest and best tasting I've ever had.  I believe they roast it before it goes on the pizza.  All in all, I suggest anyone in the area take a look at this place because it easily ranks up there with the top pizzerias in NYC. 

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Brooklyn's Coal Oven Pizza
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 01:25:12 PM »
Ben, I have been to the edgewater location a number of times, I even reported it on this forum a while back.   I'm with you, it is top notch.    On one visit to NY I actually had a pizza here, and at Grimaldi's within a few hours.  It was really obvious that it was the same pizza.  I can't remember the details any more  it is here on the forum somewhere), but one place just seemed to pay more attention to the browning of the crust. 

If you like Grimaldi's and are in Jersey there is no reason to make the trek over to Brooklyn any more.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:27:29 PM by scott r »

Offline misterschu

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 11:39:30 AM »
The Grimaldi's location in Brooklyn is owned by a customer from when Pat Grimaldi actually owned it.  Brooklyn Brick Oven is owned by a cousin Pat Grimaldi.  Pat and the Brooklyn Brick Oven owners are all related to Patsy Lancieri who opened Patsy's in East Harlem.

Offline nycpizzaguy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »
Nothing like Totonno's on Coney Island. Weird hours, and not the friendliest help, but boy, is that a damn good pie. (No slices!)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 11:31:21 PM »
Ron Grimaldi another cousin or brother or somthing just open in ramsey Had the name Grimaldis for about 2 weeks and Hmmn now its Ronnie G's
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com