I'm not sure if my post belongs here, but I've been lurking this thread for a long time and haven't had much luck with PJ Clones, primarily the first long fermented dough posted at reply #2, IIRC.
It always turns out a little too tough and chewy, I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong.
However I decided to mess around with Pete's formulas and throw my new sourdough starter into the mix and was very happy with the resultant "PJ Clone-style" dough.
Flour* 90%: 382g
Water 50%: 212g
Starter** 20%: 85g
Salt 1.9%: 8.1g
Oil 7.3%: 31g
Sugar 4.8%: 20.4g
16" pizza @ 0.13 TF
*Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose
**Starter is 100% hydration, bringing the dough up to 60% total hydration.
I did a few things here, I increased the hydration, increased the salt (as per Pete's latest data), included a sourdough starter, but opted to keep the original clone formula's higher fat %.
Starter was "fully active" i.e., doubling in volume within 8 hours of feeding. Dough was kneaded until well developed, smooth and no longer sticky, fermented at 72F for ~10 hours until nearly doubled in volume, and then refrigerated overnight (approx 12 hours) due to scheduling issues.
Dough was brought to approx. room temperature over an hour as the oven preheated to ~550F. Pizza was shaped, placed on an expanded aluminum screen and baked approx. ~10-12 min. on the second rack from the bottom.
I was very pleased with the results. The only complaint I have is the bottom of the pizza became a little overcooked (read: lightly charred) due to the baking position and my inattentiveness. I wish I had taken pictures, it was one of the most visually pleasing pizzas I've made at home.
Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting, Pete!