Author Topic: Mellow Mushroom Pizza found in Atlanta and surroundin areas...Recipes?  (Read 132725 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Mellow Mushroom Pizza found in Atlanta and surroundin areas...Recipes?
« Reply #1400 on: February 20, 2012, 10:20:55 AM »

Fred,

In addition to Peterís post, Peterís has set-forth some MM clone formulations for me and I had some good results with using Brer Rabbit Mild flavored Molasses and the Grandmasís Original Molasses with honey or brown sugar.  I donít know if you can purchase either the Brer Rabbit or Grandmaís Molasses products, or are interested, but if you want I could provide the links to those formulations that worked well for me.

Norma

When going back though this thread, I had forgot about the picture I posted at Reply 277 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.msg155911.html#msg155911  I wonder if that is molasses in those big containers.  I wish I had some kind of good editing picture software to be able to see what was on that one label.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1401 on: February 20, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »
When going back though this thread, I had forgot about the picture I posted at Reply 277 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.msg155911.html#msg155911  I wonder if that is molasses in those big containers.  I wish I had some kind of good editing picture software to be able to see what was on that one label.

Norma,

I believe that what you are referring to is the spring water. If you go to the Nashville MM website at http://www.mellowmushroom.com/nashville#/store/gallery/nashville/show/photo/108777678450, and look at the MM headquarters photos, you will see that photo #54 is the photo that you mentioned. In that photo, you will see a hang tag on one of the cages (the one on the right, at the top). If you go to the next photo, #55, you will see the hang tag in detail and that it is for the spring water. If you now go back to photo #50, you will see a worker banging a lid on what might be a pail that is used for the molasses.

Peter

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1402 on: February 20, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »
Norma,

I don't know if you noticed, but this thread has now become the #1 thread on the entire forum in terms of both total posts and numbers of pages of posts. That just about guarantees that almost no one coming to the forum for the first time, or looking for a basic MM clone dough recipe, will read the thread.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1403 on: February 20, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »
Norma,

I believe that what you are referring to is the spring water. If you go to the Nashville MM website at http://www.mellowmushroom.com/nashville#/store/gallery/nashville/show/photo/108777678450, and look at the MM headquarters photos, you will see that photo #54 is the photo that you mentioned. In that photo, you will see a hang tag on one of the cages (the one on the right, at the top). If you go to the next photo, #55, you will see the hang tag in detail and that it is for the spring water. If you now go back to photo #50, you will see a worker banging a lid on what might be a pail that is used for the molasses.

Peter

Peter,

You are right that what I was referring to was spring water.  I see the photo #50 and I think another one, that it might be molasses in the pail.  I tried to print those photos out to look at them better, but I canít.  Do you know another way for me to print those photos out that I might get a better look at them?

Good catch on the pails of what might be molasses.  :) Did you see in the back how the molasses or whatever it is stacked.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1404 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »
Norma,

I don't know if you noticed, but this thread has now become the #1 thread on the entire forum in terms of both total posts and numbers of pages of posts. That just about guarantees that almost no one coming to the forum for the first time, or looking for a basic MM clone dough recipe, will read the thread.

Peter

Peter,

No I didnít notice that the MM thread has now become the #1 thread on the entire forum in terms of both total posts and numbers of pages of posts.  Why does that just about guarantee that almost no one coming to the forum for the first time, or looking for a basic MM clone dough recipe will read this thread?  I donít understand that.

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1405 on: February 20, 2012, 11:55:32 AM »
Peter,

No I didnít notice that the MM thread has now become the #1 thread on the entire forum in terms of both total posts and numbers of pages of posts.  Why does that just about guarantee that almost no one coming to the forum for the first time, or looking for a basic MM clone dough recipe will read this thread?  I donít understand that.

Norma
a lot of people want a "quick fix" Norma.....too many pages means you might have to work a lil harder to "get to the good"   :-\

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1406 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:23 PM »
a lot of people want a "quick fix" Norma.....too many pages means you might have to work a lil harder to "get to the good"   :-\

Bob

Bob,

Lol!  :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1407 on: February 20, 2012, 12:03:09 PM »
I just took some of those pictures with my camera and will see how they turn out.  They will look bigger before they are edited.  I see that are places that you can copy pictures from the web, but I don't know how to do that.  Maybe another member might know more about that.

Norma

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1408 on: February 20, 2012, 12:17:47 PM »

Norma,

Most people who are interested in clones of their favorite pizzas are ordinary folks who are just looking for a basic clone dough/pizza recipe that they can use at home with as little fuss and bother as possible, just as Chicago Bob noted. In order to even search the forum for clone doughs/pizzas, they first have to register. Since Steve (the owner of the site) changed the rules relative to membership on the forum, new members have to register in order to conduct searches. They have no other choice. But, once they join and can conduct searches, they are not likely to be patient enough to read through hundreds of posts, or to even scan them, to be able to find what they think they are looking for. And if they can't handle baker's percents, as are prominently used in this thread, they are not likely to get very far. I am not even sure who is reading this thread now. At least among the posters, I think it is you and me and Gene and Chicago Bob, CDNpielover and Steve (Ev) and Fred. That is out of almost 7 billion people in the world :-D.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1409 on: February 20, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »
Norma,

Most people who are interested in clones of their favorite pizzas are ordinary folks who are just looking for a basic clone dough/pizza recipe that they can use at home with as little fuss and bother as possible, just as Chicago Bob noted. In order to even search the forum for clone doughs/pizzas, they first have to register. Since Steve (the owner of the site) changed the rules relative to membership on the forum, new members have to register in order to conduct searches. They have no other choice. But, once they join and can conduct searches, they are not likely to be patient enough to read through hundreds of posts, or to even scan them, to be able to find what they think they are looking for. And if they can't handle baker's percents, as are prominently used in this thread, they are not likely to get very far. I am not even sure who is reading this thread now. At least among the posters, I think it is you and me and Gene and Chicago Bob, CDNpielover and Steve (Ev) and Fred. That is out of almost 7 billion people in the world :-D.

Peter

Peter,

I understand that most people that are interested in clones of their favorite pizzas are ordinary folks just looking for a basic clone recipe that doesnít involve much time. 

I see guests are on this thread and wonder who they might be out of the almost 7 billion people in this world.  :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1410 on: February 20, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »
The idea of taking the pictures with my camera from my computer monitor didnít work that well.  :-D These are three of the pictures.  If I had more time today, I would try to read more about how to copy pictures from a website and try to understand more how to do that. Maybe another members can try, if they are interested.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1411 on: February 20, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1412 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:31 PM »
Norma

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1413 on: February 20, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »
For whatever reason in pictures 48 and 50 she looks to be  putting lids on.
In picture 53 you can see a tall stack of white buckets with shrink wrap on them, but they look smaller than the ones she is "assembling"
Why do they have to make things so difficult? :-D
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1414 on: February 20, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »
This is out of almost 7 billion people in the world......I guess that makes us "special" then !!  :'(

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline CDNpielover

« Reply #1415 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »
i would be curious to see how many folks are trying the recipes and not posting results. 

Offline David Deas

« Reply #1416 on: February 21, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »
Peter,

I understand that most people that are interested in clones of their favorite pizzas are ordinary folks just looking for a basic clone recipe that doesnít involve much time. 

I see guests are on this thread and wonder who they might be out of the almost 7 billion people in this world.  :-D

Norma

I'm one.  But since I have a Mellow Mushroom down the street from me, I've had no interest in learning how to make something that I can so easily purchase.  It is, however, entertaining to watch you all go to work here.  Your passion is magnetic.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1417 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:13 AM »
The MM#7 clone formulation worked well with the Groebís Golden A Molasses.  The sweetness in the rim was about right.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1418 on: February 22, 2012, 07:28:23 AM »
Norma

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1419 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
Norma,

Can you compare the Groeb version of the MM#7 clone dough formulation with the other MM#7 clone dough formulations you have tried, and also in terms of the sweetness and color of the crust and crumb?

Peter

pizzapan