Author Topic: sources for 6 in 1 in Northern calif.  (Read 1761 times)

Offline doughboy

• I Love Pizza!
sources for 6 in 1 in Northern calif.
« on: October 20, 2006, 07:30:47 PM »
tried several searches, each site has their own search machines and seem to be different.  I'm looking for a source of 6 in 1 tomato cans that can be bought at local stores, not just ordering them.  When I first started lurking I read about a Napa Safeway that has them, but couldn't find them, hopefully I'm not relegated to driving to the valley and buying them direct.... if I could, but I just might have too..... ;D

thanks
doughboy

Offline vitoduke

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: sources for 6 in 1 in Northern calif.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 08:40:33 PM »
The Safeway on Trancas in Napa stocks the 6 in 1s. Not all the stores carry them. You might ask a store manager to get them for you---Mel

Offline doughboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 03:30:29 PM »
thanks will ck, I go by there from time to time, will as at my local or close to local in Healdsburg to get it for me if they don't have it.  Any local sources for Caputo flour, since I'm asking for help ;D

doughboy

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 06:56:11 PM »
Good News!

I recieved the following info from Escalon to be posted in the forum.

Safeway corporate said the Northern California stores are supposed to have the 28 oz. 6 in 1 on their shelves.  If not, please contact the store and ask them to replace this item back onto the shelves.

It is from loyal customers like yourself that we learn of these situations in the stores, and then we can act on solutions.  I truly appreciate your inquiry and your loyalty to our 6-IN-1 All-Purpose Ground Tomatoes.  To support your inquiry, I also suggest that you also submit a Product Request Form from your store manager of your Safeway store, requesting for the missing item to be restocked.  The UPC number used to identify the product is # 7848510010.

You should see the item in your store next week.  If you do not, please email me and let me know, and I can follow-up on it further.

Thank you once again.

Norman.albert@us.hjheinz.com

Escalon Premier Brands

1-800-343-9556x6035

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.

Offline doughboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 08:29:31 PM »
Thanks Lydia, it has been awhile since I've been on the site, since then I have tried several Safeways in Sonoma county and no go. I will do as you asked at the Healdsburg Safeway.  I have been making my own version, a 5-1 sauce with home grown San Marzano, costoluto fiorentino, Italian red pear, Roma's and another red tomato that I can't remember the name of.  Comes out very nice, thick and flavorful, very low acid.  But I want to try the 6-1's   :)

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 11:03:22 PM »
Safeway NorCal includes Bakersfield north and also includes Reno and Hawaii.

If they are inquiring about anywhere between Bakersfield and Western Canada, please continue to have them contact me and forward their inquiries to me.   Because we are expanding to not just Safeway, but also Whole Foods, PCC and New Seasons, as well as other retailers in the Northwest, so I can direct them as we grow.

Thanks.

Norm

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.