Author Topic: cheeseburger pizza...?  (Read 5337 times)

Offline mama mia

• I'm a llama!
cheeseburger pizza...?
« on: November 05, 2004, 04:05:34 PM »
I want to make a cheeseburger pizza... should I use all cheddar cheese rather then mozz? I want something diferent.   or would that taste  :-X :P

Offline dankfoot

• I'm a llama!
Re:cheeseburger pizza...?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 04:12:13 PM »
I would think you could use cheddar, provolone, pepper jack, really anything as long as you mix it some. I wouldnt have all pepper jack. Not sure about swiss.

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 04:17:51 PM »
I have used chedder many times and have liked it quite a bit.
I did mix it with Mozz and some others also. ;D
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 06:52:28 PM »
I researched this topic once and found the same cheeses mentioned by Foccaciaman and Dankfoot.  The most common choice I found was a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, but cheddar, mozzarella, "American", provolone and Jack are also used, quite often alone.  And, sometimes, a combination of mozzarella and provolone, which is a common combination used by many pizzerias for a much broader range of pizzas besides cheeseburger pizzas.  One caveat I found was to cover cheddar with another cheese on a pizza since cheddar apparently burns easily otherwise.

Surprisingly, I didn't find evidence of use on cheeseburger pizzas of Swiss cheese or the provel (St. Louis) blend of pizza cheeses (white cheddar, Swiss and provolone).  Swiss and provel are both used on cheeseburgers, so I suspect somewhere someone has used both on cheeseburger pizzas.  I just couldn't find where.  

Some differentiators I found for cheeseburger pizzas include mushrooms, bacon, onions, pickles and jalapenos--on a tomato sauce/ketchup base or mustard or mayo (or both mustard and mayo).  And, of course, one can add fresh tomatoes, onions and lettuce on the finished pizza.  Basically these are all adaptations from a sandwich format to a pizza format.  

Peter
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 07:39:04 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline mama mia

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 08:22:59 PM »
thanks all, I am going to try  a mix of cheddar and Jack.. wish me luck!

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 09:27:37 PM »
What else are you using.  We used mustard for the sauce, beef, motz and cheeder, red onion, and pickels.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline JEMiNO

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 09:01:59 AM »
What else are you using.  We used mustard for the sauce, beef, motz and cheeder, red onion, and pickels.

DKM

Do you pre-cook the beef first? Is there a detailed instruction/recipe for this?

I watched "The Apprentice" (the pizza making episode) and remembered DT saying something about a survey conducted by Domino's, it seems cheeseburger pizza is the #1 most wanted. Kinda got me interested in trying this out...

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
Re: cheeseburger pizza...?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 11:43:48 AM »
I find that Swiss melts strangely. White Cheddar is a good idea. As long as cost isn't an issue, you should get numerous types,like: Provolone, muenster, brick, or colby.

pizzapan