Author Topic: mixers  (Read 1785 times)

Offline DiNAPOLI

• PIZZA E BABA
mixers
« on: October 27, 2006, 04:51:25 PM »
I'm thinking about buying a mixer to start experimenting
with neapolitan pizza at home.
What mixers should I look into.  Good quality but affordable price!
thanks

best regards

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: mixers
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:59:48 PM »
I always wonder what ovens and mixers the home pizza makers in Italy and more specifically Naples use.  I feel like there must be something better over there for the home bakers since the commercial pizzerias seem so far ahead of the curve compared to American commercial pizzerias.  I even saw lots of very interesting electric ovens when I was visiting Italy that seemed to cook much faster than the typical American oven.  Have you been over to the Italian pizza making forum to see what they are using?  It is of no use to me as I don't speak Italian, but maybe you do.  If you find out about anything cool let me know!

As far as I know over here the best is the Santos fork mixer, but it is over $1000.

Next would be the electrolux dlx, which is more like $450.

Finally there is your typical kitchen aid etc.  I think the larger kitchen aid with the new dough hook might be the best of that bunch.

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
Re: mixers
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 07:35:49 AM »
I always wonder what ovens and mixers the home pizza makers in Italy and more specifically Naples use. 

The home pizzamaker in Naples, most likely do not use a mixer!!!! The home pizzamaker (with few exceptions) in Naples, will most likely do either fry pizza or Pizza in teglia (focaccia). for the round pizza you have thousands of place that can help you, no need to make any effort.

When making pizza fritta at home, for Christmas, my mum would use the effort of all us children to kneed the dough...

I learned the use of the mixer wen working alongside my friends in a pizzeria when I was 13-14....

We would make 400 pizza a night in average...  5-6 pizza at the time in the oven (few of times even 7!).... impossible to make it by hand....

Ciao

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:37:29 AM by pizzanapoletana »