Author Topic: Randy's Recipe  (Read 3241 times)

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
Randy's Recipe
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:56:25 AM »
Ugggh.. I found his recipe somewhere on this site, begged it to be converted for me (which pete-zza did, thank you!) and now I cant find the rest of the recipe (instructions etc). Can someone post it for me?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Randy's Recipe
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:19:47 PM »
husker3in4,

Can you be a bit more specific on which Randy American style recipe you found and where you found it? There are several on the forum and, in some instances, the instructions are missing because posts were deleted. The easiest way to find Randy's recipes is to do an Advanced search using the keyword "honey" (without the quotes) and entering Randy in the user box. Randy is fond of using honey in just about all of his dough recipes, not only the American style.

Peter

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 01:55:46 AM »
Hi Peter, I just wanted to find Randy's Original American Style recipe, preferrably with the ingredients measured in cups and teaspoons etc instead of weight. I just forked up for a KA mixer, it will be a while before I can get a scale.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 10:35:22 AM »
husker3in4,

There are perhaps a few places on the forum with one version or another of Randy's original American style dough recipe, including at the opening post of this thread: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1707.msg15310.html#msg15310. The recipe posted there is the one that Randy considered his basic American style dough recipe. The 0.25 oz. of yeast given in the recipe is one supermarket packet of yeast, or 2 1/4 t.

Peter

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 02:07:40 AM »
Any reason you used SAF perfect rise or gourmet yeast instead of IDY?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:45:40 AM »
Any reason you used SAF perfect rise or gourmet yeast instead of IDY?

husker3in4,

My recollection is that Randy was using that brand of yeast. Whenever I try someone else's dough recipe for the first time, my practice is to try to follow the recipe as exactly as I can. Otherwise my results might be different. I have used IDY with different versions of Randys' recipe and it works fine.

Peter

pizzapan