Author Topic: Pizza Hut RGM willing to answer questions  (Read 18898 times)

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
Re: Pizza Hut RGM willing to answer questions
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 01:20:40 AM »
What brand of pepperoni does Pizza Hut use? Of all the chains and a few local pubs, I like the pizza hut pepperoni the best and want to try using it on my home pizza.

Offline MWTC

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:28 AM »
When I was searching for a quality pepperoni, I went to our local Gorden Food Store and the Manager told me that the Pizza Hut gets their pepperoni thru them. He told me it was Hormel and I couldn't buy it thru them because of an agreement with Pizza Hut and Gorden Foods. So I found it at Sam's Club in our area. I have been using it ever since. Have not found a better Pepperoni yet, I have tried Ezzo but I like Hormel better.

MWTC  :chef:

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
Is there a special type or packaging for that Hormel pepperoni? There is a Sam's Club not far from where I live. I have seen the bagged 8 ounce bags of Hormel, and the Hormel sticks. What should I be looking for?

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:43 PM »
Any "lost" recipes for the sauce used WAYYYY back in the 70's??? Although the recent sauce is good for breadsticks, I miss that more wholesome tomato-flavored pizza sauce when I was a kid.

Offline MWTC

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »
They only give you one choice, so its a matter of do they carry it?

They have two types of Mozzarella cheese, Saputo Frigo 2-lb. bag and Stella Bakers & Chefs 5 lb bag. Buy both and mix them 50/50 and you will move up in class.

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 01:07:20 AM »
As far as the pepperoni, is it a big bag of presliced pepperoni that are frozen? I will try the cheese too..

Offline MWTC

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 10:40:03 AM »
No, they are not frozen. It comes is one size just a few pounds. They are right next to the cheese at the Sam's Club where I go. I do freeze the extra that I won't be using within the next few weeks.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:44:23 AM by MWTC »

Offline csacks

• It takes some big onions.
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 12:02:42 PM »
I am from Colorado and am fairly sure that the cheese that they use (at least in my area) is from Leprino.  I live about 50 miles from a Leprino plant, and have been told that they supply Pizza Hut.  Interesting if they use different cheese across the country.  Craig

Offline thestranded

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 09:29:20 PM »
From what I remember working at the 'hut all of our dough was premade and shipped to us frozen. The cheese was frozen, the pepperoni was frozen, the sauce came to us in smaller packs that we had to mix almost 4 to 1 (water to sauce) as part of prep. Someone asked about the depth of the deep dish pans, from what I remember cleaning the dozens of them they where about 1 1/2" deep and they where made of a steel or iron that was about 3 to 4 mm thick. All of the veggie toppings come prepackaged and precut. There's a few more things if anyone wants to know.

pizzapan