Author Topic: Pizza Hut RGM willing to answer questions  (Read 21030 times)

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
Re: Pizza Hut RGM willing to answer questions
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 01:20:40 AM »
What brand of pepperoni does Pizza Hut use? Of all the chains and a few local pubs, I like the pizza hut pepperoni the best and want to try using it on my home pizza.

Offline MWTC

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:28 AM »
When I was searching for a quality pepperoni, I went to our local Gorden Food Store and the Manager told me that the Pizza Hut gets their pepperoni thru them. He told me it was Hormel and I couldn't buy it thru them because of an agreement with Pizza Hut and Gorden Foods. So I found it at Sam's Club in our area. I have been using it ever since. Have not found a better Pepperoni yet, I have tried Ezzo but I like Hormel better.

MWTC  :chef:

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
Is there a special type or packaging for that Hormel pepperoni? There is a Sam's Club not far from where I live. I have seen the bagged 8 ounce bags of Hormel, and the Hormel sticks. What should I be looking for?

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:43 PM »
Any "lost" recipes for the sauce used WAYYYY back in the 70's??? Although the recent sauce is good for breadsticks, I miss that more wholesome tomato-flavored pizza sauce when I was a kid.

Offline MWTC

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »
They only give you one choice, so its a matter of do they carry it?

They have two types of Mozzarella cheese, Saputo Frigo 2-lb. bag and Stella Bakers & Chefs 5 lb bag. Buy both and mix them 50/50 and you will move up in class.

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 01:07:20 AM »
As far as the pepperoni, is it a big bag of presliced pepperoni that are frozen? I will try the cheese too..

Offline MWTC

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 10:40:03 AM »
No, they are not frozen. It comes is one size just a few pounds. They are right next to the cheese at the Sam's Club where I go. I do freeze the extra that I won't be using within the next few weeks.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:44:23 AM by MWTC »

Offline csacks

• It takes some big onions.
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 12:02:42 PM »
I am from Colorado and am fairly sure that the cheese that they use (at least in my area) is from Leprino.  I live about 50 miles from a Leprino plant, and have been told that they supply Pizza Hut.  Interesting if they use different cheese across the country.  Craig

Offline thestranded

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 09:29:20 PM »
From what I remember working at the 'hut all of our dough was premade and shipped to us frozen. The cheese was frozen, the pepperoni was frozen, the sauce came to us in smaller packs that we had to mix almost 4 to 1 (water to sauce) as part of prep. Someone asked about the depth of the deep dish pans, from what I remember cleaning the dozens of them they where about 1 1/2" deep and they where made of a steel or iron that was about 3 to 4 mm thick. All of the veggie toppings come prepackaged and precut. There's a few more things if anyone wants to know.

Offline Morten

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 10:06:15 AM »
do you use the same amount of ADY if you slow rise it in the fridge for 24 hrs?

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 12:50:41 AM »
I'm really struggling with the amount of oil in the pan, 9oz and 6oz is nowhere close to what I have ever used. I think that needs to be tried though...thank you very much for sharing your information.  I can't imagine what that will taste like, mine as well toss the dough in a deep frier.  Also, must be pretty expensive to make for PH to use that much oil per pan.

For the PH pans, I have those and got them off ebay.  They are my favorite pans by far, thicker metal and very flat, no warping at all.  None of these have the PH marking on the bottom center, but they came out of a PH. 

( I just replied to an old post, did not realize)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:54:38 AM by PizzaGarage »

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 09:14:32 AM »
JB;
Our local supermarket carries a number of different flavored oils in spray cans and they are reasonably priced too.
Pizza Hut has been a big user of Leprino cheese.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but after reading thru it again, I do remember when I worked there that it was 3 pumps of oil for a large pan and 2 pumps for a medium pan. Those were big jugs of oil and big pumps attached to them, so 9oz and 6 oz sounds correct.

If i remember correctly, they had charts for how many pepperoni go on each size pizza, how many oz of each topping etc.

While I agree that the slices of veggies look better on pizza, diced veggies taste better since you can get all the flavors in every bite.

Offline Green Eyed Stranger

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 11:41:49 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but after reading thru it again, I do remember when I worked there that it was 3 pumps of oil for a large pan and 2 pumps for a medium pan. Those were big jugs of oil and big pumps attached to them, so 9oz and 6 oz sounds correct.

If i remember correctly, they had charts for how many pepperoni go on each size pizza, how many oz of each topping etc.

While I agree that the slices of veggies look better on pizza, diced veggies taste better since you can get all the flavors in every bite.

Yes, I remember those big jugs when I worked at Pizza Hut, but I seem to remember somewhere on the pump it said 1 pump = 1.5 oz.  So a large was 4.5 oz and med was 3 oz (small was 1 pump).  When I was there (late 80's/early 90's), we weighed everything out, and all the topping weights worked out such that a large equaled a medium + a small.  Same for pepperoni, something like 10 for a small, 20 for a medium, and 30 for a large.  Later, at least the cheese was switched to different colored cups such that large got a blue cup, medium was a (smaller) white cup.  Saved time versus weighing out (although, after a while you got pretty good at hitting it when weighing).  This thread does bring back a lot of memories  :)

Offline JHutchins

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »
I cook using an American Metalcraft 16" Anodized Aluminum Deep Dish pan and use 1/3 cup of oil which is about 5.25 oz. That would be equivalent to 4.0 oz in a 14" pan and 3.0 oz in a 12" pan. There are no sticking problems and the bottom gets nice and crispy.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2014, 05:24:29 AM »
Hey people, Check out this YouTube video. Sure you can gain some clues here. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Slq2ck7xQ
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »
Sure you can gain some clues here. :)

Trin,

As you may have noticed, the PH video is for their New Zealand operations, where they make their dough in-store. In the U.S., PH went to frozen doughs for most of their pizzas and their stores.

There is not a great deal to be taken away from the video because several of the ingredients to make the dough, apart from the flour, water and oil, are in that pre-mix packet. That packet would include the yeast, salt, sugar and, were I to guess, dairy-based ingredients like whey and/or dry milk powder, ascorbic acid, and maybe vital wheat gluten and some chemical additives. In recent years, PH has become less informative about the ingredients used to make their doughs. However, the New Zealand Nutrtional Information can be seen at http://www.pizzahut.co.nz/nutritional_info.pdf.

Peter

pizzapan