Author Topic: Annoying things that people say....  (Read 1331 times)

Offline shango

Annoying things that people say....
« on: November 09, 2006, 08:54:58 PM »
This thread is for complaining and listing the annoying things that people say about our beloved pizza...

#1:  "pizza doesn't take it's self to seriously"- Melissa of Mia's in Bethesda, Md.  :'(

#2   " I am going to serve pizza, but I also want to serve food" - Jerry Obelisk  ???

That's it for today..Tomorrow there may be more.
Feel free to add on to the list..
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline SLICEofSLOMON

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Annoying things that people say....
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 01:00:15 AM »
How's this...

On a visit with one of Grande's endusers, I commented on the great flavor of the cheese and how it is great in sandwiches. The pizzeria owner thought I was nuts, he said, "it's pizza cheese--you don't eat the stuff!"  :-D

Offline OZZIEPIE

• CRIKEY..LOOK OUT FOR THAT BASE
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 01:08:52 AM »
was he implying that his shops cheese wasnt fit for dogs?if so he still in business aswell?
ITS ALL ABOUT THE FLAVOUR GUYS

Offline SLICEofSLOMON

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »
I guess what he meant was that one doesn't eat pizza cheese "raw" only cooked on top of pizza. I pointed out to him that if the cheese doesn't taste good eaten on its own--in its natural state--which is not cooked, it won't taste any better on top of his pizza. Some miraculous transformation does not happen once it melts. If the cheese doesn't have any flavor to begin with, during the heating and melting process on pizza, much of the flavor is muted in the cooking process. So you have to begin with a flavorful cheese to have flavorful results on pizza. This guy was so dense, he couldn't get past the "tasting" part of the cheese before it gets cooked. He was treating the cheese like eating raw meat before it's cooked ??? Duh.

You would be surprised about how many operators out there have never tasted the components of their pizza before baking. I'm not suggesting tasting raw sausage-cooked sausage yes,--but absolutely taste the tomatoes and cheese in their non-cooked state. I look for a very fresh and bright tomato taste in canned tomatoes and I favor rich flavorful cheese. I like to use the cheese in sandwiches so it has to have great flavor on its own. Especially when using fresh mozzarella on pizza. Fior di latte tends to have a very mild taste which usually translates to very bland on pizza (mozzarella di bufala has more of a tangy taste) once it gets cooked. I usually add salt to slices of fior di latte to make up for the lack of flavor--it works pretty well.

Offline OZZIEPIE

• CRIKEY..LOOK OUT FOR THAT BASE
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »
i use a blend which is imported over from tasmania,comes in a 20 kg block and is a mix of mozzarella and light chedder-well it has the bite of a chedder..has good stretch,flavour is mind blowing,doesnt brown rather stays creamy white...you can eat this stuff uncooked and love it..it stands alone..this guy has no rite in being in the trade..just another screwing up the pizza culture looking for a quick buck..ahh we have many here aswell..
ITS ALL ABOUT THE FLAVOUR GUYS

pizzapan