Author Topic: DLX N24 aka N26 aka 2000  (Read 1488 times)

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
DLX N24 aka N26 aka 2000
« on: November 25, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »
OK, I have to relate the story of why I just had a heart attack :) (well, not literally, but you'll see why).  I am posting this in the hopes of saving others from the same trauma I had!

I've been bugging my wife for months to get me a DLX-2000 for a holiday present so I can make large batches of pizza dough.  I pointed out the website where she could order it, and told her to make sure she got the new 600-watt version rather than the 450-watt version. She finally agreed, and it arrived a week ago, but she made me promise not to use it before Christmas.

Well, after a week of torture, I got down on my knees and begged her to let me try it out, if for no other reason than to make sure it wasn't defective so we could send it back right away if it was.  Finally she relented.

So I gleefully tore the box apart, and brought out the components one by one in awe.  Then I noticed something.  The instruction manual referred to it as a "DLX Assistent N24, N26."  The warranty card specifically called it an "DLX Assistent N24."

That was when the heart attack set in.  Had I been taken by Internet crooks?  Was this all a sham?  Where was my "DLX 2000"?????????!!!!

So I looked around...and it appears that the N24 and N26 are either the "new versions" of, or are simply another name for, the DLX 2000.  Thank goodness!!!!  THAT was close.  I thought I'd been had.

That's when I had my next heart attack.  It looks like the N24 is 450 watts, and the N26 is 600 watts.  I had specifically requested the 600-watt version; but the warranty card specifically called it an "N24."  What the hell????

OK--time to bring things back to reality.  With shaking hands, I turned over the main part of the unit and looked at the nameplate.  It said, "600 watts--N26."

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I almost dropped it in my relief.

Maybe this story will save a life.

--Dave
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 11:53:00 AM by canadave »

Offline Arthur

• When Brooklyn Was the World
Re: DLX N24 aka N26 aka 2000
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 03:37:47 PM »
Canadave,

I curious of what you think of your new mixer compared to what you've used before which I believe was KA and hand kneading?  Let us know your results.

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
Re: DLX N24 aka N26 aka 2000
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 03:51:39 PM »
Actually my old mixer (which I still have, and probably will look to sell, if anyone wants it) is a Delonghi DSM700 (800 watt mixer).  It's a pretty heavy-duty machine.  I'm just going to make my first batch of DLX dough in a little while here, and I'll post a comparison of my experience here when I get a chance.