Author Topic: Pizza in 94 seconds?  (Read 2400 times)

Offline DNA Dan

Pizza in 94 seconds?
« on: November 29, 2006, 04:16:19 PM »
Is this one of you guys?

I never realized that the hearth oven setup was such a fast cook. That is incredible. The coal are freaking BLUE!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizza in 94 seconds?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »
Yep, that's me!

Actually, the oven was a little cooler than normal (875F vs. 950F). Usually the pizza takes about 60 seconds.

Bill/SFNM

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 12:49:49 AM »
Bill are you serious? That is just incredible to watch. I have never seen such a thing!

(Bows to the pizza gods) :angel:

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 01:03:39 AM »
That is just incredible to watch. I have never seen such a thing!

Dan,

Imagine what an incredible thing it is to eat!  >:D

That video was just a  trial to see if I could get a video up on YouTube. I'll try to take more and upoad them. I destroyed a digital camera by getting it too close to the heat, so I'm extra-careful now, but I'll see if I can improve the quality.

Bill/SFNM

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 05:32:28 AM »
I destroyed a digital camera by getting it too close to the heat, so I'm extra-careful now, ...

Bill/SFNM

I almost did the same... but when I smelled burning plastic I managed to retrive the camera in time... I still think the pictures from this camera do not come the same anymore... Well, I hopefully soon buy an 8 million mpx camera to replace it.

On a side note, I have a video of a 45 seconds bake and I often witnessed just above 30 seconds bakes... ALL with Neapolitan PIzza Oven and all in a continuos process.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 06:21:27 AM »
I almost did the same... but when I smelled burning plastic I managed to retrive the camera in time... I still think the pictures from this camera do not come the same anymore... Well, I hopefully soon buy an 8 million mpx camera to replace it.

On a side note, I have a video of a 45 seconds bake and I often witnessed just above 30 seconds bakes... ALL with Neapolitan PIzza Oven and all in a continuos process.

marco,

In my case, I think the sensor that is used for autofocus got fried. The camera operates fine, but often the photos are not in focus. Perhaps I should sell it on EBay - just kidding.  >:D

I would enjoy seeing the 45-second video.

Bill/SFNM

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:50:05 PM »
Wow and I thought I was crazy with my pizza ventures. Bah on the taste joke! Damn you!  :P

Are these ovens in your backyards? Are they good for other styles of pizza such as Americana or Cracker?

Also, if that thing is jacking up your camera, is it so hot that you can't stand in front of it?

I assume if you have an oven like this, you don't have to heat it that hot if you were cooking a different style. I mean could you use a pizza disc in there? or is that just offensive to say for anyone using this type of oven? Grease must be bad for the stone.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »

Are these ovens in your backyards? Are they good for other styles of pizza such as Americana or Cracker?

Also, if that thing is jacking up your camera, is it so hot that you can't stand in front of it?

I assume if you have an oven like this, you don't have to heat it that hot if you were cooking a different style. I mean could you use a pizza disc in there? or is that just offensive to say for anyone using this type of oven? Grease must be bad for the stone.

Yes, my oven is outside of the house. And you are right that it can be used for all kinds of things - baking pizzas of all kinds, calzones, strombolis, breads, roasting meats, vegetables, etc. I usually heat the oven W.O.T. to ~950F for pizzas, then use it for other purposes as it cools down over the next day or two.

Standing in front of the oven, even on a hot day, isn't uncomfortable, but I'm not baking a few hundred pies per day, but only 5 or 6 per session.

Grease inside of the oven is not a problem, it burns away easily at those temps. It is a problem for the mantle. I got tired of those grease stains I recently tore out the mantle and put in tile. Much better.

Bill/SFNM

pizzapan