Author Topic: Powdered Olive Oil  (Read 1916 times)

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Powdered Olive Oil
« on: December 03, 2006, 06:10:05 PM »
I was in a tapas bar last night where I was introduced to a small Brioche with Tomatoes and topped with what at first appeared to be cream?I asked the Barman what exactly it was,as this was a completely new sensation / experience.he described it as powdered Olive oil  whereupon he showed me a tub of white powder ,and explained that he knew nothing about it !I googled it and came up with a few answers regarding mixing Oil with tapioca.Fascinating stuff....I'm sure November is in tune with these techniques.
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
Re: Powdered Olive Oil
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:34:48 PM »
Bringing up olive oil powder was like deja vu to me.  I had a friend come back from a restaurant a few months ago after eating something with olive oil powder and finding fascination with it, so he asked me if I knew what it was.  Well, it's just oil blended with equal parts maltodextrin so that when it hits your mouth, the maltodextrin dissolves instantly and you're left with oil in your mouth.  The most common form of maltodextrin used is made from tapioca.  Tapioca itself is not used.

- red.november

pizzapan