Author Topic: Am I crazy?  (Read 4450 times)

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
Re: Am I crazy?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »

Pete-zza, do you remember where I left my car keys?

Bill/SFNM

:-D Now THAT is funny!!

Offline Jack

• Pizza; it's what's for dinner, breakfast........
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »
When he did it a second time I almost lost it.

I too have a lot of trouble not losing it when people don't eat the crust, because I KNOW that the crust is the best part.  Unfortunately, others have reasons for not eating it, such as those give by our friends here.  It doesn't make it any easier, but that's the way it is.

Jack

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 10:45:40 AM »
I too have a lot of trouble not losing it when people don't eat the crust, because I KNOW that the crust is the best part.† Unfortunately, others have reasons for not eating it, such as those give by our friends here.† It doesn't make it any easier, but that's the way it is.

Jack

See, I have trouble not losing it when people say things like the bolded quote above :)† What you really mean to say is that you KNOW that the crust is the best part...for YOU.† And I would never try to convince you otherwise (convince you that the crust isn't the best part on a pizza.)

For me, even in pizzas with the most delicious crust imaginable (both my own and others, such as in the finest pizzerias in New York), I happen to like the sauce more than any other ingredient.† I tend to leave the end "naked" crusts, even though I've thoroughly enjoyed the taste of the crust that's had sauce and cheese on it.

Bottom line--everyone's different, and I think we should make an effort to avoid projecting our own likes and dislikes and personal preferences--particularly with food and pizza, but also with other things in life--onto others.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:59:54 PM by canadave »

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 12:34:34 PM »
Some people are just weird... :-) 

My buddy did the same thing to me at a pizza party, but left the crusts stacked up on his plate.  He normally does it because he leaves them for his wife to eat who loves them, and just got used to doing it.  No biggie.  Everyone is different..

I also know a guy who recently went to Naples and complained to me later on two occasions about how *awful* the pizza is there saying, "there nothing on it... just a little bit of sauce and a few chunks of cheese thrown around and that's it.  it's nothing but bread."  How terrible is that?! haha  :-D

- Aaron
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline SemperFi

• Getting there, slowly but surely
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
It is rough when something you create is not fully appreciated or at least in our minds, it is not fully appreciated by others.  I used to be a professional chef, and when the plates were finished we would inspect them as the waiter returned on his way to the dish room.  We felt offended when all was not consumed.  We feel that we have poured our heart into something, that this is our "baby" so to speak, that others should feel the same.  We must be wary of pride, or of becoming snobby.  Hell, I would ask his opinion to be honest.  Another opinion should never be looked down upon.  Welcome them instead as a chance to grow. :chef:

Adam
Adam

Offline AKSteve

• Lifetime Member
  • We are all made from the same dough.
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 12:55:31 AM »
I can always tell if I've made a good batch of dough based on whether or not my nephews eat the crusts. It's funny, because they'll never complain that I've made a bad pizza since, for them, it's mostly about the cheese.  It's just a good indicator of whether or not my pizza has that extra "something" to it if they eat the crust. A good test would be to serve some breadsticks or garlic knots made from your dough before you serve your pizza. That way you can see how much they like the dough recipe itself. If you serve some of your sauce on the side, you'll get to hear what people think of it as well.

As far as being insulted over how people eat there pizza, I'm usually too busy to notice. I tend to take more notice of what toppings people like. If I get too fancy, people usually ignore those pies. The vast majority seem to prefer simple pepperoni pies, with sausage & mushroom being a distant second.

Steve

Offline Jude

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 07:45:15 AM »
:-D Now THAT is funny!!

Yes it looks like that

Offline mivler

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 10:41:41 PM »
I have been inactive for some time because I was between jobs. Unfortunately based on two weeks at my new job, it looks like my job will consume most of my time. Anyway, I wanted to follow up on this topic that I started. I invited our good friends over for pizza again. They had an easy out because I told them that my wife wanted to go out for dinner and I wanted to make pizza. They were split but they decided in the end that they wanted my pizza over going out for dinner. This time I made as small of a rim as possible. (I should note that as much as I have been making pizza at least once a week for the last two years, this pizza was as good as my best.) At the end of a night of eating my pizza my friend said twice how good he thought the pizza was. After they left I noticed that neither of them ate the crust but it didnít bother me. I only noticed it because I was cleaning up after they left. I am sure that this is just how they enjoy pizza and not a reflection of what they thought of my crust. I am only posting this in case anyone else out there thinks that if someone does not eat their crust they did not like it. I realize now that just because someone does not eat crust, does not mean that they did not enjoy the pizza. Everyone enjoys pizza in their own way. Thinking back to when I was growing up, one of my brothers never ate curst but he always wanted to go out for pizza.

Michael

Offline wolfsblood07

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 06:38:15 PM »
Hey Mivler, I just want to say that people usually do not finish all of the food on their plate.  I don't know why.  I go out to lunch with my friends at work, these are big guys, and they always leave some food on their plate.  They must think it's cool.  Adults usually don't do what their parents told them to do when they were kids (as in finish their food, dress for the weather, say "Thank you", etc.) 
I'm sure your pizza crust is great.  By the way I always finish my crust!  I'm not throwing good food away.